Assetto Corsa Comp SRO Public server open racing Poll

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 11, 2020.

?

Would you race on the SRO public server

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Yes with random tracks

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Yes with the next track in the series only

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

pub server 1.jpg VOTE
    Drivers ! I was thinking of opening up the SRO server during this COVID19 stay at home order for everyday open racing /recruiting .
    With 2 weeks in-between the ACC events here I thought this might give us a little more ACC action as well as recruiting more members.
    I know public racing can be crazy at times but we are living in crazy times right now so this poll is to get a feel for what you , the members want !
    Also keep in mind even though its a public server as a SRO member you are or can be put on the entrylist ,this will keep you a spot and allow you to bypass the ratings in case your below the minimums, while not allowing non members with lower safety ratings to join .

This is a feed back pole and the numbers will tell the tail !
    Thanks !​

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Good idea Rob. And not just during the COVID19 period either.
    With the safety rating of 70 should get reasonable drivers.
    Also putting the next track of the series up it would allow those that can not race on the tuesday, myself for example ;), to get a bit of online practice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

The server is up with advertised settings above .. let me know if you can't get in from the rating & I can add you to the enrtylist !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Went on the server today, there was no one else on it. Did a couple of laps and then they started to join:)
    Ended up with a grid of 29, decent racers too, although there was some bumps and comments " Not even sorry" being my favourite.:D
    T1 was good, I had expected a big pile up but it did not happen and after the first couple of laps when the grid had spread out it was a good race.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

what is the password for server as the usual one didnt work

6. Rob Milliken

No PW on the public server , so if you have one it wont launch until you remove it ..
    The server will go back into league mode Friday Night my time with the PW again for Saturdays event !

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Thanks for the feedback all !
    Servers in race day PW mode for this weekends event !

8. Rob Milliken

OK Guys & gals , public server is up again with Monza , If the racing is anything like it was at Barcelona it should be better then the prep series monza race was wtf ?..:eek::rolleyes:
    seriously I had cleaner racing on the pub server then I saw in round 3 prep series ..:mad::D
    Clean it up people :p

9. Rob Milliken

Untitledx3.jpg
    Public server is again online for daily /hourly races ! (Thanks SRO for supplying yet another ACC Server ! :D) this will come into play in the next ACC season !
    In the mean time , its a 16 slot server & set up for recruiting and simply some fun racing ! the ratings are set very low to improve traffic and allow good drivers new to the game a way in ..
    20min P/ 10 min Q/ 20 Min Race .
    If you don't see it use the search & it should show along with the main private SRO server
    If you still don't see it toggle between MIXED & ALL a few times on the server tabs (that's what I had to do)

• Like Like x 1