SRO SEAT 3 Round 2 Estoral Race reports & screens

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

$21.99 at Amazon:eek: Pasha charged me 99.99€ for mine, not counting the transport:mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Would rather watch this series being broadcasted than the rss gt1 series tbh.
    More forgiving cars made for close racing although one thing really seems out of place in this series: what's with all the fuel saving?!? This kind of racing should be pedal to the metal all the way!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

It costs a lot to make plush slippers compliant with FIA fire suit regulations! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Fuel saving is an integral part of racing these days. Most if not all series/championships being run in real life have a fuel restriction of some sort. The way its being done in this series adds a bit of thinking for the drivers and gives you more options for the race. Yesterdays race was a perfect example of this. Receiving positive feedback and seeing the number of people taking part, most everyone seems to like it. BTW, I did a mailing to all who took part in the last series asking if anything needed to change. Only 1 person asked to change the length of the races.

There are enough other sprint series here on SRO to cater for the people who rather go all out for a sprint race. Let this one be as it is :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pasha Paterson

A 40-minute limit is usually right on the ragged edge of the fuel range for these cars, especially when "the rest of the final lap" is long, so it definitely adds an extra bit of strategy to the races to keep things interesting.

The new Ford GT's first win in IMSA came when Richard Westbrook was able to go over 1h20m on a tank and subtracted a pit stop relative to the rest of the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

There are idd lots of series where fuelsavingstrategies come into play, often not for the better (f1 for example ;)). In other series it might be better implemented. But these tcrcars, these sprintcars, are normally the last series where you'd expect this to happen. That's all. It just feels weird reading in all these reviews 'I had a good pace but then I had to switch to economymode to make it to the end'.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I totally agree on the broadcast .. there is so much door to door action in these cars & the 40 min is long enough but not to long to where you simply just don't want to watch anymore lol , TBH I cant watch those longer broadcasts & it seems after 30 min in its just solo cars all spread out ..:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rob Milliken

I was going to upload the replay however even tho I have my replay size maxed in 4k it wont get all 40 min :( ..so I have the end !! but not the start ! as when it runs out of space it keeps going and suntracts from the beginning ..
    Roy if you have a full replay & anyone needs one send it over & I will put it in the DL section ..
    Thx ! :)

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Took a bit of a look at the replay to see how the fast guys do it. Was disappointed to see quite a bit of track widening for some.:eek:

12. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Beautiful reviews here, and looks like some nice fight during the race.
    What can I say about my race? I don't know, I can say more about @James Bird race, as I was watching him closely for 40 long minutes :D
    Tried hard to pass him, but also I enjoyed the drag hi give me.
    About fuel saving, I made a race offline with 2 liters pit, and at the end of the race, to my big surprise, I had 2 liters of fuel in tank. This give me the idea of "no pit" - great minds think alike @Pasha Paterson ;)
    Yep, my last 2 laps was a permanent question "to pit or not to pit".
    And in the end this make me ask myself if I could do it without James help :oops:
    Thank you m8, great driving.
    Congratulation @Roy Cop for P1

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Fully Agree!!

what can we do to get it broadcast,
    I see we hardly even use our youtube channel

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Guys, today, after few weeks I had to make a trip with my car (the real one).
    What I can say, after so many simracing, the real FOV it is all wrong:eek:. I searched in car menu for settings, but nothingo_O. I want my AC FOV ;)
    Still, I hit "the apex" much easier IRL but FFB it is totally BS:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

and RL damage is terrible ffkk it

:p:D:D:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

Drivers I have news !
    Due the the nature of the SEAT 3 event and a strong show of sportsmanship ,awesome racing all throughout the field, The big Boss at FKR is sponsoring a number of events to be
    LIVE BRODCAST / STREAMED .. ! Jausha Penny will be handling the broadcast as well as announcer /commentator/live stream guru !
    Big thanks to Joshua for jumping in with us !! :)

Make sure to comb your hair Roy ….:D
    More details to come …...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Rob,

Will this be put on YouTube aftrwards? Yes I hope?

18. Rob Milliken

Yes Indeed !!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pasha Paterson

If everyone has Gary Paterson's (no relation that I know of) Ford Transit mod, I've been thinking for a while about painting it as a Sim Racing Online TV truck... That would look pretty cool sitting at the end of pit road during the broadcasts. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

That would be an easy download. Its on RD is it not?