Assetto Corsa Comp SRO Sprints Series 3 Round 2 Barcelona

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Felix de Jongh

Felix de Jongh Pro Driver

I surely hope you mean Ruskus and Williams, I'm far from alien :eek:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am an alien ... I just suck at driving ... nanu nanu.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Everything is relative.
    For me everyone are aliens:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

I agree with Larry, seems we have a similar pace ;)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Larry Thomas

I am an alien also but I have problems with the pedals, the steering wheel and seeing straight.
    Here is a photo of me in my younger days.
    upload_2020-4-19_11-28-7.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. John vd Geest

LOOOOL !! I bet you had to fight off the girls ............. !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Larry Thomas

Still do!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Felix de Jongh

To me, 'aliens' is not relative. I mean, I play a lot of ACC, but there are people who play as much or maybe even less, and they have some sort of deeper understanding of how to drive the car. Those people I'd call aliens. The people with actual talent. Now you have also people with talent who also apply themselves, those guys are often over a second a lap faster than I am. I drove with guys like Siclari, Hosseini and Nobel in AOR's most recent season. Once they have done their due diligence for a track there's no way I can even try to keep up with the likes of them.

Just because someone is fast doesn't make them an alien, imho. But that might be a problem with the definition of aliens. I don't think I'm deserving of being called 'alien'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Thanks John, yeah quickly realised there were a lot of alien honchos during qualifying. :eek: But even guys I was racing in the prep race seemed out of my reach in this longer event so my lap pace needs picking up.
    I’m still unsure on things like ‘is it better to run heavy and just get new tyres’ or better to run lighter and refuel with tyres’ ? Plus I need to learn to manage engine/abs/tc modes during the race etc as tyres wear/brakes fade.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Felix de Jongh

Always better to refuel with tires. Always.
    On a higher fuel load, the car behaves differently. This impacts your braking points, your tire degredation, and also the way you can setup your car. Lighter fuel load mean you can work more towards a quali setup than an endurance one.

PS: if anyone wants to see the race from my perspective, here's my vod from yesterday:

On the voicechat there's Bonner and some other geezers like MrGit and Mike Nobel.

If anyone wants to see a smooth pitstop just for learning purposes, here's your learning material :p
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedAbnegateStinkbugDAESuppy

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Larry Thomas

ACC Replay Length
    For last nights race I tried increasing "maxTimeReplaySeconds" manually in the "C:\Users\"yourname"\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\replay.json"
    And it worked!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

i saw on maybe 1 or 2 times people short cutting the track to overtake other drivers. was not impressed

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Just to respond to your comments on video :D

The flashing was just a bit of fun, obviously didn't expect you just to move over, and yes I messed up nearly each time I flashed :oops:
    I didn't get a warning for running wide at final corner, probably as I lost time (I hit high kerb on inside of chicane).
    It was a bit of a dive on the admin, but as mentioned previously I thought he was letting me to also, but apparently not.
    I outbraked myself when I passed as I was busy watching mirror to cover inside and missed brake marker :rolleyes:

See you at Monza, though I probably won't see you for long with you being in the Merc :(

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. It felt I had brakes on 4 again, because after a few laps my pace was completely gone. I'm not sure if I'm aiming for the wrong tire pressures, but I was going for 28 PSI, as I heard 27 is too low, but have no idea if that was wrong information :confused:.
    I didn't really have the pace to keep Andrew behind me and I had to defend really hard to even stand a chance. Was quite fun to try and counter all the tricks :).
    Really regret picking the Audi, I have no confidence in it as it always feels like it wants to snap away at any moment.

Lapped traffic was good for me this race, so no complaints from my this time.

Why is everybody raving the Merc for Monza, what does it have that will make it so good there?

16. Felix de Jongh

I'm just live processing information by talking, oftentimes it's just from a glance in the mirror so I can't really judge the situations properly. Take it for what it is: just a livestream. In hindsight, there was no malice. It was a good fight.
    I don't really get upset by flashing, though normally you flash A) when you are about to make a move or B) when you were just cut off or otherwise unjustly hit. In most racing leagues, needless flashing can give you a warning or even a penalty. You flashing me made me think you thought I made some bad moves on you, so it confused me a bit. In non-league races I flash the hell out of people :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Felix de Jongh

1:46

18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

wasn't track limits penalties on last night then? (should be!) I got two track limits warnings (both on worn tyre-getting a bit out of shape incidents) so was very fearful of getting a DTP after that. I did wonder how some guys seemed to repeatedly run wide and not get a DTP.
    @Felix, thanks for the tip on the fuelling. I ran heavy last night so probably cost me a heap of time.

19. John vd Geest

Cool stuff Felix, thanks for uploading. Would be great if you posted the other main event races also. Very entertaining.
    (If you convert it to YouTube, you can also upload it here in our media section.)

20. Felix de Jongh

I deleted last vod on behalf of a friend in voicechat who had a bit too much to drink, if you catch my drift ;)

I'll have a look at uploading to youtube, though normally I only upload editted video's to my channel.