Submit: what new second series would you like?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Not much rev matching in this video Max...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i'm with you Maxime, i prefer full realism in any sims. If that is really the case with the DRM mod i wonder if its an option that can be de-ticked easily enough? Might be worth asking the mod creator if anyone has contact with them? Maybe some of the DRM cars had dog-box's that could be slammed up and down through the gears so they made them all able to do it ?
    Plus, yes as others have said, i think a series at a time is better as some of us also race elsewhere or in ACC etc so its already a struggle to find time to practise different cars/tracks each week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

If realism is your thing, you should install this rFactor 2 mod from Steam. I was pondering to use it, but I thought ... naaahh, they won't like it. It's too real. You blow your engine within 1 or 2 laps if you don't lift on up and down shifts and heal / toe. You will also have problems putting the power down in lower gears with the turbo kicking in.
    But it's a brilliant mod, very well done.

Good luck ... you'll need it :D:confused:

Cart 85
    [​IMG]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1810583021&searchtext=cart+85

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

My experience with AC is that when a car has auto-clutch you still cannot use a manual clutch for the standing start. I've had several D/T penalties when I forgot that on the grid with the clutch pedal fully depressed, 1st gear selected and then add throttle before the green. The car just launches itself with auto-clutch, so that's very unrealistic.

5. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I had same thing when moved from GTL to AC, still happens sometimes, from muscle memory or sumthing... :)

6. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Totally agree with you, Maxime, anything that tries to facilitate driving and that does not respect the real characteristics are frustrating for me.
    In my opinion, many creators are not as relentless with this respect, or by ignorance, or do it voluntarily to please a majority of people, outside Gt3:(, we are already in a minority ... I remember the beginnings with LPG, or the engines exploded if you don't pay too much attention, then will explain this to some who are quite taken aback to do a one hour race with an "H-box" ...;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hey Maxime, GOOD POINT ! That's the reason why this mod didn't become popular at all, despite the huge expectation. I would like to remember that this was the best mod made for rFactor by the same guys. People raced this mod for 6 or 7 years and was awesome, it was extremely hard and the damages were unbelievably realistic, as you said, both gearbox and engine was something you had to take care of, even brakes were failure and I personally had a puncture from accident debris left on the track. However, rFactor was getting old, so everybody was waiting for a release for rFactor2 but the guys decided to release for Assetto Corsa as for them was a better Sim. Unfortunately tho, they didn't a job as good as the original for rFactor, It was disappointing, for me and everyone else was loving DRM at the time, If you haven't raced with DRM rFactor you can't understand what I'm talking about. So, I would say there is much better original content or even other mods than this one. F1 86 remains my choice.

PS. is there a votation table somewhere? Sorry I haven't followed much...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i would add the shifting is not a deal breaker for me, i would definitely still like to race this mod properly! I've owned it since it came out and only done a couple of offline races with it, so would love to race an online grid of these amazing beasts :) (shame they didnt make it as dillegently as the Rf mod though)

9. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

So many nice mods! I'm leaning towards DRM, but I haven't even tried anything out yet.

I also might have a suggestion but would like to get some feedback first. It would be a CanAm mod. There's an IMO pretty good Lola T70, and ACL also includes some CanAm cars. I'm pretty sure they aren't from the same year though, and performance probably wouldn't be similar anyway. (Also I'm not a huge fan of ACL's physics.) There is of course the DLC Kunos Porsche 917/30, but that thing is a real monster and feels pretty much nothing like the earlier turboless Lola. (I'd still have a blast racing it, but it really does have space-time-ripping torque. That said it's similar in power to the Lotus 98T...) I really like the T70 mod, so I'd probably suggest that, but does anyone else know about some CanAm (or CanAm style) mods for AC?

PS: That got me thinking, the Porsche 917K is fun as well and more tame than its CanAm brother. Any opinions?
    PPS: The Kunos DTMs are also fun, not because they're fast (they're not, really) but because they tend to make for great racing.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  10. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Agreed.
    DRM for rF1 tried to kill you at ever corner. You had to drive that car, well, that car drove you.
    DRM for AC is like going for a Sunday drive in comparison.

11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Kimi Martikainen : You're right this guy doesn't seem to heel&toe at all (I didn't watch the full vid but looks obvious). Still he uses the clutch. Then if he controls enough the fact that the car is more likely to suffer wear and loose grip while braking on the edge and downshifting... ;)

Mark Johnson & Christian Dauger : Good points, and yes it could be worth a try, by ourselves or trying to contact the mod creators.

John vd Geest : Oh yeeees, I'm always for as much realism as possible, so I could re-consider to buy rF2 eventually if it's populated by such mods. I don't know well its mod universe, but I had some problems with the stock game (FFB mainly)

Davide Ricciardi : Very informative Davide, are you in touch with these guys by any chance ? :p

12. Davide Ricciardi

I definitely was with one of the guys, we have been battle for titles championships with DRM Rfactor back in the days, he put together the Ferrari Carma for AC. A super fast ass on the track. I thought he was a member here for some reason, but he's not.... why are you asking Maxime? Do you want to ask him for instance why the Ferrari is in a category apart? loool:p:D

13. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hehe no I just was considering that we might have a chance to improve the mod-pack by making it less "full-forgiving"... Yes.. I know I dream a bit here. But who knows ? ;)

On a side note, if you say that he's incredibly fast, I actually don't really want to deal with him.. on the track at least ! :D

14. Davide Ricciardi

ok here's the list... Guys, what do you think if we open a multiple-choice poll with these data, (just for doublechecking) we choose the 3 most voted mods, we try them in a race or two and we decide which one for the championship? My concern is that we are voting without even testing the cars, maybe some of you will change mind doing so.... huh?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Davide Ricciardi

16. John vd Geest

It's pretty evident that it has to be a 3 class multiclass series looking at the performance of all car. So I think that box is checked.

17. Davide Ricciardi

you are talking about DRM I guess? I think you didn't get my point.

18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

@DR the DTM's are cool but dont fit together sadly. Too much performance gap between the 3. The F312 is amazing but you might as well race the F1 '75 mod pack instead and several of us already did that recently.

19. John vd Geest

Yes, we would do a DRM test race before to check if our class findings are correct.

20. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I personnally would be okay with a multiclass series, but that would need a LOT of drivers, even beyond the 2nd or 3rd event. In summer... I myself can't be sure I could make all events if the series takes place between june and early september.
    If not multiclass but still with different cars, then we have the usual "cars-not-really-matching" problem, with a fun quite likely lowered and/or the diversity of cars also.

I personnally like the stand-alone car series kind with much nice liveries because it easily provides the fun (reducing the spreading of the grid) and competitiveness because everybody on par. Of course multiple cars class has its own pros also.