Submit: what new second series would you like?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Correct, that's what I am suggesting here with the F1 86 (Lotus98t) and F1 75-80 ( Ferrari 312t) with championship skins. This content is also much more realistic than DRM.

2. Davide Ricciardi

No John, my point is: let's do a more ufficial poll with all the data we have so far then we race test the best 3 contents of the poll.
    Unless you have already choosen the DRM.​

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I have not chosen the DRM mod, you all have :)
    It's currently on top with 15 votes by the league members.

4. John vd Geest

I personally like the idea of doing the TC Legends mod first and then the DRM mod after that. Because, as you said, it's the summer time and it will be hard to get a decent grid going for all events. I feel it's the way to go or we will spread ourselves too thin in the summer. Better take it 1 mod at the time to have any chance of reasonable success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver Donator

The current GT Legends series has 30 entries for round 5, which is pretty good going. With 18 cars to choose from I think TC Legends has the potential to be an even more popular series. Maybe that too could be run as a multicar series with a class split (up to 1300cc,1300-1600,1600 upward or whatever) as it would have done in its day.

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

No need for a capacity split, I tried the hillman Vs the fairlane on a power track. The hillman won because the fairlane doesn't have the 426 it *should* have and is dog slow as a result! :p
    You would have to do a split between the 60's and 70's groups though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Davide Ricciardi

Sorry, John, I don't wanna be a pain in the arse... ;) just saying that this is all very confusing because this thread it's been open because of this thread right? So I was asking for a second series besides the one we are doing, not a second series after the one we are doing. I think we merged the 2 votation somehow, that's why I'm asking for a more clear and official poll. I hope this makes sense. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I'm not a fan of this suggestion though because I (and a few guys here) just ran a long series with '75 F1 pack and also because I think such cars could easily lead to some messy races ; let's face it : driving at 320Km/h in another driver's gearbox isn't a butter-easy thing..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

It's true that there is a bias : not all suggestions have been done at the same time and so plenty of votes haven't been done in the same conditions. I myself would like to suggest something in the coming hours but need to work on it first by the way. So my 1st suggestion is that this thread purpose could be to collect all suggestions in a first time and then only we can make a poll. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

I believe we are at that point now.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've had time to try those Grp C cars out now - Apart from the Toyota 88 which appears to actually be scratch built for assetto and is really nice to drive (slightly sketchyer version of the 962 short tail I'd say), the rest are just a mish mash of rips.
    The Lancia even has the serial plate from the Sauber C9 in it and a locked gearbox! Despite this I'd have almost been tempted to say run it if not for the fact it consumes about 4x the fuel of the other cars.
    The R91cp seems to be a physical rip from a Gran Tourismo and has several bugs.
    The XJR9 is almost undrivable - a bit pity as the sounds are almost bang on to real life from experience and it looks great, havn't tried the XJR12 yet although that's not actually Grp C anyway.

I'm with John here - while the 88 could probably race with the Short tail Porsche the rest are useless to us.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Well, voting closes next Tuesday.
    Everyone can still vote or change their vote :)

Do you guys want to leave it with the final standing as they are now, or would you like me to create a poll for the second series?
    (I think I will do that next time, straight off. Doing it like this is a bit messy)

13. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I vote also Lotus 98T

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Still happy with Grp C, I just don't think that considering any of the add-ons besides the 88 would be a good idea :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

I'm curious about this Formula 79 mod from RSS. Has anyone driven it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver Donator

Yes I have Tudor and it's absolutely fantastic. Would make a brilliant series

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Cool :cool: I was wondering how it stacks up with the 1979 Ferrari 312t4 from ASR.

18. John vd Geest

Agreed. It's a fantastic car. It's € 1,99 DLC. Did a video of it a while back. You can mail me for download info.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

I bought the Formula 79 from RSS and just had a very enjoyable couple of hours testing at Bridghampton along with ASR's Ferrari 312t4. Cars are very well matched to race together imo, with the ferrari slightly quicker in a straight line but not quite as strong in the corners. Laptimes with hard tyres and an hour's worth of fuel were within 1/10th, although Ferrari has to carry more fuel. Both cars are very driveable and immersive.

If I'd only driven the Ferrari I'd have been jumping up and down with joy and telling everyone we need to run a series with it but having driven the F79 from RSS it has totally blown me away! I love this era of F1 and the F79 is probably the best classic F1 sim car I've ever driven. Would be great to race these sometime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I'd like to test those F1 beasts for sure but I personally still see several problems with such a series :

- As mentionned earlier by me and other people, we SROuk guys just ran a '75 F1 mod pack for months, trying to reproduce the '75 season.
    - Those very fast cars are willing to provide huge crashes more likely IMO.
    - As any '70s - '80s F1 they need a lot of setup work.
    - Previous point can lead to a number of drivers lowering over the course of the series because some drivers don't manage to set it up nicely or don't have enough time to.
    - These cars were driven by real athletes : even without the main Gs aspect, they keep very tyring to drive on the edge for a 45mn or 60mn duration, due to loads of fast gear changes.

- And on a strictly personal point, I'm not a fan of ground effect single seaters.

• Agree Agree x 1