Submit: what new second series would you like?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Dear Maxime

- As mentionned earlier by me and other people, we SROuk guys just ran a '75 F1 mod pack for months, trying to reproduce the '75 season. It was great fun and thats why I like to do it again with more modern cars.
    - Those very fast cars are willing to provide huge crashes more likely IMO. Speed is main point of racing, it keeps you awake, just remember that you not alone on track.
    - As any '70s - '80s F1 they need a lot of setup work. That depends, I drove '75 season basically same sets all season, just fine tuning gears & aero for most of tracks.
    - Previous point can lead to a number of drivers lowering over the course of the series because some drivers don't manage to set it up nicely or don't have enough time to. Yes it can or then not, you can't tell...
    - These cars were driven by real athletes : even without the main Gs aspect, they keep very tyring to drive on the edge for a 45mn or 60mn duration, due to loads of fast gear changes. C'mon mate, you must be joking here right?
    - And on a strictly personal point, I'm not a fan of ground effect single seaters. I am, insane traction is addictive, least after driving so much with those 60's barges with horse carriage suspension from 16th century... :D

I just add my opinions here and if I remember correct, you did quite well and like it in SROUK '75 season...least better that me with under powered BRM. I understand some of you points if you not used to drive fast cars ( I started my simracing with GP2 in 90's so maybe thats why almost everything feels slow for me). :)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  2. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Kimi,

The fact I liked it doesn't mean I want to do it again when there are plenty of great cars that wait for us.
    To me speed isn't the main point of racing. Driving on the edge is the point of racing, whatever the car. We strongly differ here. I like very fast cars of course, but I more often have plenty of fun in MP with mid or low range of performance cars. Much more likely than with more modern ground effect cars.
    About tiredness, I'm not joking, I'm often tired and painful (in the knees and ankles mainly) after a race. Driving a late '70s or '80s F1 is more demanding here. Give me some muscles and knukles changes if you can spare some. ;) By the way, that's the main reason why the engineers designed the coming paddle shifters : because it was faster, but it was faster also because the driving was extremely demanding. You can hear from Prost and others on this subject. Anyway, we're in a topic skid here..

In a couple words, I fully get your likings, I just was trying to bring the attention to some specific aspects of very fast, rather modern, ground effects F1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I feel you pain about physical side Max and tbh I was a bit selfish there but tiredness is part of the game, you can be fast in shorter races but in longer ones consentration and stuff like that can give you bit advance if you don't have any pace at beginning of race... However I'm ready to race almost anything but most l like ultimate speed & traction , in that order ( and is always good if engine sound blow your head in pieces :)).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hello all,

Here is my suggestion : It's classic, it's Kunos content, it's wonderful and wonderfully made, it drives like a charm but can easily send you in a wall, it's not tough to setup, it sounds like some Mozart on steroïds, it's fast enough, it's the Ferrari 250 GTO.
    Still never got the chance to run her in a series yet here, I miss her. What would you guys think ? 250_GTO_3.jpg 250_GTO_2.jpg 250_GTO.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

We ran the 250 at Srou a while back - I loved it.
    Plus side is I already have a custom skin, bad side was the grids seemed to suffer fairly high attrition over the course of the series.

I've also just tried that TVR mod - unless the updated version I haven't managed to download fixes it, then I'm withdrawing it as a suggestion. Massive issues with brake force and FF.
    It's meant to be a decent rack and pinion steering setup - but feels like my mate's Triumph Dolomite does on track!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Here's some footage of the 250 for anyone daft enough not to have tried it. I should note this isn't a fast lap, I was mostly enjoying how easy it is to get daft drift angles in it :D
    Sorry for the graphical quality too - In VR I turn off most of the fancy options because you can't see them, but they cause a framerate hit regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

We can extend the voting period for a while for the second series, because I don't think it's a good idea to run a second series alongside the TC Legends in the summer period.
    We would be throwing away a great series on low signups if we spread them over 2 series. Remember that guys are going on holidays, dropping in and out.

Starting the second series in September is a much better idea when everybody is back and the signup list can reach its full potential.
    Do you agree?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Not a great fan of the 250 GTO. Unfortunately I just don't have the talent to drive it quickly or consistently.

Just Driven the GT1 and NGT cars from RSS (already in the list) and both would make excellent contenders for a series. Reminded me of my GTR2 days. As you'd expect, the Maserati MC12 Kunos car is also right on pace with the GT1 group. The Porsche and Ferrari NGT cars are fabulous and would also make a cracking series imo.

So many great cars to choose from :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

What a driving in this beauty Tim ! Nicely done. :eek:

10. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

If we only get one vote, then DRM gets mine. Otherwise I'd like to add to that votes for the 250 GTO and Classic DTM.

11. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Also it is too late, but I finally got around to making a video for it and I'd like to throw this mod in here as well for the future.

Lola T70 MkII Spyder

The physics of this mod are top notch, some of the best in AC IMO.

This car/track combo is so good I'd be willing to host a small race at Fonteny with the Lola some time if people are interested. I've got a pretty good connection usually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Do you also have a download link for both mods?

13. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

I think both are Kunos content aren't they? The DTM cars are the BMW E30 Gr.A '92, Merc 290 Evo II, and that red 4WD Alfa Romeo, while the Ferrari is in the Red pack I believe.

Ah woops, sorry if I wasn't clear. By 250 GTO I meant the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

we ran a Can-Am series using the Lolas over at SROUK, great car, nicely made mod and sounds epic :)

I like the Ferrari GTO as well but it didnt prove that popular when we ran it...oddly!

DRM still for me. I want to grow sideburns and put my 70's track gear on :D

• Like Like x 2