Talk about tracks and mods

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by John vd Geest, Feb 18, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. John vd Geest

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  3. Mark Cinderby

Mark Cinderby Pro Driver

I am an old Race Sim driver and have not raced since about six years ago when my PC expired. I used to race with Simjunkies and UK GTL in the game GTL. I have recently had demos of both Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and Project Cars 2 and I am considering purchasing either Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa. To be honest its a toss up between the two but I prefer to race 1960's/70's cars so am warming more towards Project Cars 2. I would appreciate any advice you could give me as I would like to race online again possibly with Simracing Online if you would have me.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes another old dog simmer ! new drivers are welcomed !! We are a pretty new league & still growing , we have career stats tracking software that follows you threw all the sims we race here ! check the Championships tab to look at whats series are starting & on going !

5. Mark Cinderby

Mark Cinderby Pro Driver

Personally I prefer the older tracks. I am not a great fan of the modern (full of chicanes) GP tracks.

6. John vd Geest

7. Steen Toudal

Steen Toudal Pro Driver

Sergio Loro, who was responsible for the classic Zandvoort (aka. Sandevoerde) track for Assetto Corsa, recently released the Nürburgring Südschleife. It is, unsurprisingly, utterly spectacular - and almost as great as the Nordschleife. Unfortunately you can't combine the two for one epic track - though one can dream...

It is payware, and, if you ask me, worth every cent/penny/øre. https://sellfy.com/p/Kddf/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Also every series would need some Virginia, Mid Ohio and Eastern creek.
    Is there Eastern Creek on rf2 ? Was a blast when that laz0r scanned came to rf1

10. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Great track. Has everything what comes to layout and bumps.
    Have to try that one.

12. John vd Geest

The Studio 397 Porsche GT3 CUP mod is out !!

Damn, that is a spicy car. This Porsche makes the GT3 R version from the challengers pack feel like an arcade car. It's a beast.
    There are very little setup options, so setup wizards will have no advantage. It drives great but if you mistreat it, it will bite you LOL! Love it.
    Only € 4,95 on Steam and you get a sh*t load of skins.

13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Amazing version of this track. It has to be the most challenging and realistic version of any track of any sim out there. Well worth the money. A Nordschleife challenge series is coming soon to SRO so get ready :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Beautiful track, amazing car. So little time :(

15. John vd Geest

Rewriting The Rulebook | Assetto Corsa Mod Physics for the P13c

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. John vd Geest

Lienz RETEXTURE by Mike08 0.9

For Assetto Corsa / content manager:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  17. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Anyone tried the new DLC, BMW M2 CS for rF2 yet ? Any feedback or info or likely use here at SRO ?

18. John vd Geest

No, I haven't looked at it yet. Let me know what you think after testing.

19. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

About rF2 Paul Ricard track practicing on the 1A layout trying out the BMW 320 Turbo looking for my pit stall there was no pit stall to go into.. :confused: