Automobilista 2 Test Runs 2023 Round 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

We found a bug with the real weather where it will sometimes change to a pre-set condition regardless of selecting "real weather", it has something to do with how the game gets its live weather reports. The "historic weather" is completely different and uses a look-up table that has been manually added by the devs over the years, some of it is unknown and we have found errors like where it was not raining at the 1986 F1 race but when we load that race with 'real historic weather' it's raining these are the kind of things that get fixed & get updated in the "paddock club beata" when we as users will find footage of the actual race and report the weather for the devs to adjust ectt.. ..things like this are just in need of adjustment and it's all done manually for the historic weather, it's a huge task that the devs have taken on with passion.
    Now about the 'real weather for current events' If I set it to the 'current date' it seems to fail sometimes, this might be due to the time of day at the track location vrs server time where it might be looking to the future, like if I set the server up today for tomorrow's race using tomorrow's date it won't know what to do lol but, if we go back a few days it sometimes works .. I say sometimes because it's random, last race we had real weather for P & Q but then it went to fixed weather for the race.. I thought I had forgotten to set it properly but when looking at the server it was indeed set for real weather. this is happening to everyone and we have a thread in the beta forum about it that I'm active in so that said be prepared for anything lol ..
    Here is how the server is set, you can see all 3 sessions are set for real weather but you can see it's not yet set for the current date, I will change that 1 hr before P1 for tonight's test, we will be using weather from the afternoon while racing some 6-8 hours later so let's just see what happens ..

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.17 - 23.58.32.05.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

4. Rob Milliken

we are scratching real weather for today as it had a monsoon on the server :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I practiced for some monsoon action and must've got water in my pedals:rolleyes:.. Figures, got a fast pc now, but snap goes the other stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

From simulation point of view I had little problems during the race... saw similar small warping of cars driving in front of me. had a good start but was watching my rear view mirrors too much and spun the rear tyres and spinning out. Dropped from first to last... Made my way back to 2nd but spun again in the final minutes. Had understeer from front tyre wear. In the dying minutes I made a pass for 3rd again and thought I think I made contact. Do not know how good or bad the netcode is of AMS2 but the race was fun.