the team abroad

Discussion in 'Zerobandwidth Autosports' started by Pasha Paterson, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Well, it might not have been here on SRO, but it's a win. Time to take the learner badges off the Leon TCR. Still looking for a win (or at least a non-fluke podium) in one of our EuroCup events.

Let's use this thread to celebrate our other success stories on non-SRO leagues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Well done Pasha!
    By the way, what do you think of the TCR mod?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pasha Paterson

It's much the same experience as the EuroCup version, but being faster, it's also a bit harder to handle. SRS makes this especially tricky because they have been setting the track conditions to less than 100% grip, and their fixed setup is strangely unstable under braking, even with the brake bias set up as "normal". I ran this race with my brake bias at 80% forward, and brake strength at 88%, to avoid constant lockup. You also have to be much more careful with this car under heavy braking, because it tends to "stall" (or, at least, go all-in on the clutch so that the revs die), even with auto-blip enabled. It's still great fun, but of the two variants, the EuroCup is a much easier car to handle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Congrats Pasha, decent drive but after watching the video, I questioned myself what some other drivers were doing there. Also never saw a Seat flipping and turning like that.

5. Pasha Paterson

The polesitter jumped the start and had to take a drive-through, and the 2nd-place qualifier didn't go when the lights went out so he dropped way back. That left me in the lead at lap 2 and I held on for the duration.

That one guy got hip-checked out of turn 5 on lap 1, so he went on a revenge drive to kill the guy who (he thought) knocked him off, and ended up crashing himself over the fence. Then he stopped in turn 6, causing another incident, and eventually dropped out. It was... weird.