rFactor 2 Toyota GR Supra GT4 Cup Series Info

Discussion in 'Toyota GR Supra GT4 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
  2. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

That's the Supra, not the GR86

Also in the image it says Tuesday and 45 mins

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  3. Ken Jagger

You know what, when I was compiling the series something was subliminally telling me that something wasn't right but I didn't take note of it. I should've because we have run a GR86 series before. :oops:

I've now hopefully amended the details but if anything still awry is spotted, please let me know.

4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

This will be nice as I can only get in on weekends.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

What is the correct race time please ?
    On the poster it is 18:00 GMT. On the championship page it says 17:15 GMT but mostly the Sunday races start at 19:00 to 19:20 GMT.

6. Larry Thomas

Also showing a race length of 45 minutes on the poster but 60 minutes on the race page.

7. Ken Jagger

It always gets a bit confusing around this time of year when Summer Savings Time changes in many areas of the world. Due to the many variations we use GMT as the base reference time for our series. To keep the actual start time of Qualifying & the Race the same wherever you are in the world, we have to adjust the GMT time when Summer Savings Time is "switched on" and then when it is "switched off".
    So for this series BST (British Summer Time) ends in the UK (and other countries) on the last Sunday in October, so as an example before it ends, the race in the UK has Qualifying at 18:00 GMT i.e. 17:00 BST and the race at 18:15 GMT i.e. 17:15. After summer time (BST) ends GMT rules again, so the race is listed as 18:00/18:15 GMT.

It's all very confusing but a time standard needs to be used for our race scheduling and as we are a UK based operation it is GMT.

Essentially if your race qualifying is at e.g. 20:00 and the series crosses the Summer Savings Time boundary then all the races will still be at 20:00 for you. You shouldn't need to worry about this though as long as you have listed your country when registering your SRO membership, your Time Zone on every race page displays the Local Race Time in your country like mine here
    GMT-BST Race Time.jpg

8. Larry Thomas

Thanks Ken. So the Event page with a race time of 17:15 GMT for this Sunday is the correct time. Unfortunately, that means it is too early for me here in Europe, 19:15.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

This car mod has a bug. If you do a pit-stop in the race session it takes a stupid amount of time to add fuel, so carry enough fuel to complete the 60 min race and make sure to set your car setup to no-fuel in the pit-stop options.

10. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Curious when will the ST. Pete server be up ? Thanks.

11. Ken Jagger

Apologies for the delay, the server is now up and running.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Curious when will the Barber MSP server will be up ? Thanks. ;):cool:

13. Ken Jagger

NO-SHOWS

The following no-shows have been removed from the series.
    If they forgot about the series, they can sign up again.

Daniel Iordache
    Marius Iordache
    Rui Simoes
    Louie Hesketh

14. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Another lessen learned the hard way!!

Looking forward to this race no matter whether I am competitive or not because I love driving this track. My best lap so far with race fuel a 128.7 :eek: It felt fast, but is it ? o_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Looks a good time if its repeatable Karl. :) I did manage a one-off lap of 1.28.343, but more from luck than skill :D

• Funny Funny x 1