Trial event for Raceroom Racing Experience (R3E)

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I can't find the server.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We've had a few problems with the R3E Dedi during testing. It should hopefully be back up in the next 10 mins or so :)

3. Ken Jagger

Server is now back up

4. Ken Jagger

Seems like I was wrong about this too :(
    I know from testing that it DOES produce a results file for a full Practice/Qual/Race session, but the open sessions we've been running show it doesn't produce results for a standalone Practice or Qual session, which is unfortunate. With the lack of any kind of Admin Commands ingame (or out of it for that matter) it's not proving to be the easiest of Sims to use for online racing like we do here at SRO.

Also with some ongoing, as yet unresolved issues we are experiencing when running the R3E server on our WIN Server, it's not looking good for future events using this Sim. We still plan to run the two test races next week, so I encourage any members who have not tried R3E yet to give it a whirl, so that we can gather more data on how it performs and any issues arising for us :)

5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

nnnnnnoooooooooooo
    im gonna cry....
    there has to be a way....
    really loving RRE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just a quick apology for Monday. I did want to take part but my flight got delayed coming back to Guernsey by an hour and by the time I got home I was just shattered. Sorry guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Tomorrow's Test Race at Portimao using the Aquila CR1 Sports GT car

Server is up

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hoping for a decent race evening with these cars, as my pace is so dreadful in the GT1's on AC I need a good result! lol :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

I'll reset the server for a 30 min Practice at 16:30 BST (5 mins from now) so that it's then set for a 17:00 Qualifying start.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry for the contact Ken. I had steering on to try and avoid you but with the speed I couldn't turn fast enough.

Anyway a good race, I was in the 49's which was great :)

Well done to the winner, great job

12. Ken Jagger

NP Andrew you couldn't avoid me after I was recovering from my little off after getting a chance to challenge Mariusz going into T1 :)
    It's a big shame that we don't seem to have many members who either already have Raceroom or are not interested in giving it a try, even when it's free to start with.

13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah, shame about the turnout. Looks like Raceroom won't be popular on here which is a pity.

Good racing though and enjoyed the battle.

• Like Like x 1