Assetto Corsa Comp Tuesday Night Racing poll vote is closed. Now the test thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 7, 2020.

?

What type of racing would you like to see for the next Tuesday Night racing series?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2020.
  1. 30 min

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. 60 min

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. multi class gt3/gt4

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Single class GT4

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. single class GT3

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Single car : Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  7. Single car Ginetta G55 GT4

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes we need to test ! From what I have read the entrylist wont force anything unless forcentrylist is on , it will allow players to join a server with a higher rating then he has but that's where it stops until the switch is on .. This is not confirmed tho ..
    When can you guys help test ?
    Im free in the 18:30 to 19:30 most week days ..unless theirs a race I'm in ..

2. Rob Milliken

Im now in a thread talking about & trying to solve the reverse grid issues in the ACC forums . It seems at this point in time (the defaultgridposition featuere is brand new) the only working work around before this was to use long form lap with "manual start" and have the drivers all manually drive to the assigned positions on the warmup lap lol ..
    Nothing in the thread (from may 2020 until today ) has any info on the new "defaultGridPosition": feature ..
    I have asked a few questions like do we have to use forceentrylist , etc..
    so we need to test ..;)

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

18.30 GMT tomorrow?

4. Rob Milliken

Ok , lets see how many we can get to help testing !

5. Rob Milliken

I have set the server up for the test ..quick 10 min sessions so we can adjust the entrylist a few times if needed .
    Q has been removed
    P is on Day 2
    entrylist has just about everyone on it ;) & it all from the last race ...
    The entrylist comes from / with the results if you have it turned on dumpentrylist: 1 so its the latest ..I was surprised as to how deferent it is then the first one I created . it has a lot of stuff going on now ! lol
    Here's your's Henri (I took the GUID out) It has your default grid at 12 ..is that where you started last race? I will change it for the test ..

"drivers": [
    {
    "firstName": "Henri",
    "lastName": "Miettinen",
    "shortName": "MIE",
    "nationality": 31,
    "driverCategory": 2,
    "helmetTemplateKey": 500,
    "helmetBaseColor": 131,
    "helmetDetailColor": 343,
    "helmetMaterialType": 3,
    "helmetGlassColor": 344,
    "helmetGlassMetallic": 0.0,
    "glovesTemplateKey": 1,
    "suitTemplateKey": 501,
    "suitDetailColor1": 522,
    "suitDetailColor2": 519,
    "playerID": "",
    "aiSkill": 100,
    "aiAggro": 50,
    "aiRainSkill": 50,
    "aiConsistency": 50
    }
    ],
    "customCar": "",
    "raceNumber": 911,
    "defaultGridPosition": 12,
    "forcedCarModel": -1,
    "overrideDriverInfo": 0,
    "isServerAdmin": 0,
    "overrideCarModelForCustomCar": 1,
    "configVersion": 1

I would like to do at least 3 tests changing the position each time for the drivers that are there ..

So we just need a few more confirmed drivers & then I can assign some grid spots ..

6. Rob Milliken

After reading the hand book again it seems its quite simple when you read the definition ..
    defaultGridPosition
    If set to a value of 1 or greater, this car will obtain this grid position if a race starts without any qualifying session before (e.g. P -> R).
    and we are doing exactly that - no Q so if this tests shows the same we are good to go for reverse grid !

7. Janne Vartiainen

Janne Vartiainen Pro Driver

I could join you this evening for testing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Dammit, I forgot I have race this evening, so I can't help with testing today. But I am free tomorrow.

9. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I'm retired with no social life. I can be there whenever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Ok . if we have 3 we can test !
    Plan : Join server ,do 1 10 min race ,
    exit & wait for server to restart aprox 5 min to edit entrylist with reverse order of how we finish ,
    rejoin go to race & see if the positions work ! Done .. If it works !
    ..if not next try will be with forcentrylist: 1 =On & try again ..

11. Janne Vartiainen

What is the server name and password?

12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

13. Janne Vartiainen

14. Rob Milliken

First testing failed to work:-( each time i set the grid none of us were in the right spot .. need to look deeper , simply setting the grid spot in the entry list does not seem to work yet ..

15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Another guess here.
    Were you in the correct order? But not in the correct slot?

Is assume it would close up the grid so there was no spaces.

So Henri in 5th, Rob in 9th and ed in 12th with nobody else joining would become 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the grid.

Again, don't know if this is how it works or not.

16. Rob Milliken

No , that was just a screen of what the server spit out when I had dumpentrylist: 1. on in the main server ..:)
    Something might be up with the newer server ,we have not used it in any races yet & that's where were testing .
    we had 3 drivers but one of them , for some reason I did not already have on the entry list so we ran a race with dumpentrylist: 1 = on we finished the race but it did not produce a new entry list . so no biggie we need to test . I took the 2 of us on the entrylist and made us 1 & 2 , then had a look down the list ,the same list henri's on up there ^ like his it already had a default grid ,12 for him , so i then fixed all the other names that also have default grid spots by turning there's off defaultgridppossition: -1 .
    So i thought we had all bases covered ..
    we did 2 tests runs both had it wrong from what was set up , we started both sessions with only 2 players on the entrylist and a third on the server , so that might be an issue as well, anyway when the race started the 2nd session 1st possition was in 3rd & 2nd in 1st lol .. then I ran out of time & had to go to work .
    Maybe we can try again tomorrow same time ? I need to solve the no entrylist issue ... the feature works on the main 50 slot server & the configs are copy paste of each other so im a bit miffed ..so we might have to test on the main server .. ..

17. Rob Milliken

Doh ..check this lol
    from the hand book ..:rolleyes:
    "dumpEntryList
    Will save an entry list at the end of any Qualifying session. This can be a quick way to collect a starting point to build an entry list, and is a way to save the defaultGridPositions which can be used to run a race without Qualifying session and predefined grid. Also see the corresponding admin command"

we had no Q lol …

Test: ok next test race will have a Q session just like round 1 to get a fresh entrylist .. so we need everyone to run at least 1 Q lap .
    Then edit the new entry list and replace the old one with it , set the grid and cross our fingerers ..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  18. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Sorry guys, I can't seem to get a connection to multi-player right now. I can't get the server list to appear at all. Will keep trying for a little while....

19. Henri Miettinen

ACC down? Can't find any servers.

20. Rob Milliken

Same says "disconnected".. this usually means Kunos back end is down ..
    Ed I figured out why I don't have you in any of the entry lists ! as it says above the entry list is built from Q sessions .. & if I remember correctly you normally don't run Q in the events so = no entrylist data ! lol so make sure you run at least 1 q lap in the tests ! ( when the servers go back up) ;) You don't have to run q in any event if you don't want but I need that data ! lol once I get it ,even if its just from testing you are good to go ! ..You can see by Henri's above there is a lot of data and no way can I do all that manually:eek: so the servers dumpentrylist does it for us !.. but it only gets info from Q sessions ..:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1