Assetto Corsa Comp Tuesday Night Racing poll vote is closed. Now the test thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 7, 2020.

?

What type of racing would you like to see for the next Tuesday Night racing series?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2020.
  1. 30 min

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. 60 min

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. multi class gt3/gt4

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Single class GT4

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. single class GT3

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Single car : Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  7. Single car Ginetta G55 GT4

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

All those data's are not required to be on the entry list. It could be also like this. So all you need to change for different players are Name, playerId and racenumber. And the rest is optional.

{
    "entries": [
    {
    "drivers": [
    {
    "firstName": "Henri",
    "lastName": "Miettinen",
    "shortName": "MIE",
    "playerID": "S76561xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    }
    ],
    "raceNumber": 91,
    "forcedCarModel": -1,
    "overrideDriverInfo": 1,
    "defaultGridPosition": -1,
    "ballastKg": 0,
    "restrictor": 0,
    "customCar": "",
    "overrideCarModelForCustomCar": 1,
    "isServerAdmin": 1
    },

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks , yes this is how the old entrylist was that I had to build just the basics ! with the auto entrylist is no big deal to have all the other stuff and you don't have to type ! hah

3. Rob Milliken

..maybe we can test tomorrow same time ..

4. Henri Miettinen

I have that DRM race tomorrow

5. Rob Milliken

No worries I will check the server after 18:00 & maybe jump on & see if we get a few volunteers !
    Also we are testing and hoping to get this to work so If you want a crack at setting up the entrylist I will send you a copy ! & let you have a go ! My Plan was to have the test just like round 1 would be ,we have a Q session & race (both are only 5 or 6 min for testing) then I will go edit the cfg & take out the q session ,grab the just made entrylist and edit the defaultgridpissition: for each player that was on & see if it works , takes a few min & server will restart when im done ! so if you stay on & drive a bit its no big deal ..when the server drops you ,you'll know it's ready for next test session & you will need to rejoin ..

6. Henri Miettinen

If we do test before 19.00 gmt, i can help with that, because practice for races isn't my thing :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

What time is this test? I am free around 6.45 - 7.30 UK (17.45 - 18.30 gmt)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Sorry, something come up, and I can't be there to night.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Thank you Andrew , Ed & Bill !
    We had a good test and with a fresh entrylist it indeed did work !
    Only 4 drivers but it worked as advertised .. so far The failure happens when a player not on the entry list was in the race .. we can try again tomorrow and if that's also a success I will make the announcement that we are doing reverse grid for the series !

• Like Like x 1
  10. The entry list seems very competitive. Reversed grid does not seem necessary to me for a good race and I think it will only cause a lot of incidents and frustration.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Henri Miettinen

We all have our opinions.:) Of course you can't push so hard at the start if you are back of the grid or there going to be incidents, and sometimes it's hard to overtake even much slower cars, but you need to find that way. That is imo much more fun than driving alone pole to win, which happens quite often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rob Milliken

One thing for sure is to be consistently in the points you will have to earn it ! ;) and keep clean ..I think its worth it to give it a try ..like the Winter MC series states , its A crazy 2020 so lets just do it now ! we will know for 2021 if we like it or not ..:D
    What also will make a big difference (and more server work:rolleyes:) is how far down the grid do we want to go ? all the way ? first 10 swap ? If we have 25 signed up, I hope to end up with 15 solid drivers on the grid towards the end ..

13. Henri Miettinen

I don't mind even full grid swap. But i would say 10 at minimum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I'd say 10-12 swap.
    If you swap all, you sometimes get people who will quit after a lap or finish last on purpose to get pole next race.

If it is top 10, and you are 12th in championship, rather than just driving around in 12th spot, you are fighting to get into 10th in the championship to earn the next round pole position.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Henri Miettinen

Which time?

16. Rob Milliken

Sry I have to bail on today ..I think we are good to go ..if anyone's free over the weekend after the races we can do another final test ..
    I think with the first race if we do get 25 with Q session will be a normal race ..then race 2 first 12 swap ,13th threw the rest I will place in the order they finished race 1 ..

• Like Like x 1