UK TCR 2018 Clio Cup Series

Discussion in 'UK TCR 2018 Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Nathan Hammond

Nathan Hammond Pro Driver

Ah ok, so skin transfer is on? Only saying as mine is all ready to go XD

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes Nathan skin transfers are on :)

3. Ken Jagger

Round 5 Oulton Park
    Server is up

4. Frédéric Stradel

Frédéric Stradel Pro Driver

I would like to participate in this 5th round but I can't see the Simco Clio 2016 in the downloads section.
    Should I download it from the Steam workshop, if it exists, or somewhere else?
    I don't know if I've seen Oulton Park either.
    Last question: does it need an H pattern shifter or is it a car natively driveable with the paddles?

5. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

click on cars & track in the race page, it has the links on the right in red which will take you to the downloads.
    no it doesn't need the shifter, paddles are ok.
    cu on track good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frédéric Stradel

It was so obvious and I couldn't see it, thanks :)

7. Frédéric Stradel

Unfortunately, even with the solution often posted, I can't change my name in rFactor 2. I opened the rfactor.name file in the C: drive with the notepad, changed for my real name but nothing to do. Even by restarting the game, it's always my Steam name which is displayed. If I change my Steam nickname for Frédéric Stradel, in-game only Frédéric is displayed. Too bad, I like rFactor 2. I can only hope it will be fixed later.

8. Ken Jagger

Frederic you should check out all the guides we have provided here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/how-to-signup-enter-a-race-and-find-results.298/

9. Ken Jagger

Go to STEAM, click on Profile under your name at the top of the screen, click on Edit Profile and edit/change your Real Name

10. Frédéric Stradel

Thanks Ken, I could fix the name issue.

I'm sorry for unregistering for this race and likely for some of the future ones because things have to be configured in order for me to live the best racing experience, for example a racing cockpit. I will always have in a corner of my mind the desire to race, but it seems too early because I have one small desk for the desktop PC and the steering wheel, and an old desk with my laptop.

It's very likely for me to race later with you. For now, like my father said some time ago, I don't need any accessory for my PC right now when we were at the Fnac (a high-tech supermarket). For now, I have to continue spending money for games and very probably, I just need more time being like presently, that is, healthy because two years ago only, I was at hospital.

I look forward to race with you later.

11. Nathan Hammond

Sorry to hear that. You don't need an expensive setup and SIM cockpit. I have raced for years with my wheel attached to the keyboard draw of a normal pc desk. I would love a full rig and triple monitors but the truth is, whilst it's all nice and fancy, it isn't needed. Many official sponsored championships have been won on a 19" monitor and a g27 attached to a cheap pc desk :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frédéric Stradel

I agree that the most expensive cockpits in the world are not needed of course. The reason is that I'm a polyvalent gamer, with accessories or not (wheel, flightstick) but I'm interested in various types of games, though I can tell you, if I had one dream to ask for, it's simracing but I cost a lot, I mean, I haven't enough computers to deal with every type of game. For the moment, if I want to race, I have to attach and dettach the steering wheel, if I have to play flight games, I have to put my Hotas on my table and off. The main reason is time. I can't race more constantly if I don't have a triple monitor set and a cockpit. There's no room for this yet but I definitely would love to do this when the time will come. My mother suffers from Alzheimer most importantly so you can guess that I cannot concentrate on simracing for a long time, yet. With all this, it will be more fun.

13. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Ken : I've tried the download for the clio which was fine but I have no sound? Any ideas?

14. Frédéric Stradel

Should be up for the race if last sleepless night doesn't win.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Not heard of any issues so far with the sound on this mod. Do you not get any sound from these cars online or offline? I take it the sound works OK for other mods?
    In your ..\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\SMCClio2016\1.43 folder do you have all these files:
    Simco Clio Install.jpg

16. Nathan Hammond

Thanks for hosting again, made great use of the battle behind me in the first lap. Apart from a mistake in the last lap had a great run

• Like Like x 1
  17. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I´m sorry Zac, that lap one turn one clash seems likely a race accident, as we both probably thought there is nobody beside our car. If I had an idea that you need space I would have opted to go on the gras, but I does not help afterwards. Anyway I had no luck after that, I crashed and bend my steering. Additionally I got three stop and go penaltys at once which was really strange.

edit
    Still there were some race highlights (and lowlights as explained) as Jari had some good overtake manoeuvres. I put it together in a little video.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Thanks Ken : will check that at the weekend. No time at the minute.

19. Ken Jagger

Round 5 Croft
    Server is up

20. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

sry john lock. on that fast corner to right u break much because of your font cars , i had to break stronger lost the control and goes to green and came back to road without control , tryed to avoid the contact but was not possible, i am glad that u could continue but unlucky for u that u had the accident with other car that ram me also out, not on purpose. i watched replay. at least croft is not my track. congrt to all guys. and sry for my englisch ....