UK TCR 2018 Touring Car Series

Discussion in 'UK TCR 2018 Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Stick with it Flaviu, I'm just about connecting with it now after 20-30 laps and working on the setup a bit more

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm stick, I'm stick :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

ROUND 5 Oulton Park International
    Server is up

4. Nathan Hammond

Nathan Hammond Pro Driver

Looking forward to this, racing some new faces, interesting to see where I'll stand against you all :)

5. Ken Jagger

We have a good mix of speed in this series, although a few have dropped out since the first 2 races. Not sure why as these cars are a lot of fun.

6. Jari Bruppacher

Jari Bruppacher Pro Driver Donator

Wonder which version of the track it will be. I hope it's the version without the chicanes. Knickerbrook is such a great corner if you arrive there at full speed.

7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Strange things happend today, Gerhards lag really scared me. First I thought this will be a big crash but somehow I got through him. The game also seemed not sure what it should do. The invisble wall John detected is strange, too. And last not but least my drift and spin. I estimated a switch back but not one with that intensity. Sorry again Ken, it was not smart trying to correct that.

This mod seems not nice to me, maybe I should just stick to the clio and radicals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

A few unusual things going on tonight, so here's hoping that Thursday's race in the Radicals will go a bit cleaner. Grats to Nathan on a superb debut in the series. He'll be carrying a BIG weight penalty in the next round! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Phillip is right, i had one big lag and he went through to me. Als Klaus had big problems with lagging tonight.
    My problem was once more that my tires (mids) were finished after 20 min. No idea why, in yesterdays testrace
    they were lasting without any issues, and i was driving same style and pace - i am desperate :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nathan Hammond

I think the invisible wall may have been the front end hitting a rise in the ground, rFactor reacts like that.
    Thanks again for hosting tonight, really enjoyed it, nice to have a race with only couple of mistakes

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nathan Hammond

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Nathan Hammond

Will the server going up today or tomorrow? Ready for tomorrow's race?

13. Ken Jagger

ROUND 6 Croft
    Server is up

14. Ken Jagger

Round 7 Donington Park GP
    Server is up

15. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Sorry Stephan and Ken for the times we traded paint (I was filming the race, i'll post some videos of that)
    Not sure if I was to blame, on all the ocasions, but I always gave back the position ... which was more than people did for me in lap1 t1 (was punted, and left with multiple damages - looked like a race from a public server, no fun in that)
    Which leads to to a question: can I see the replay before I make any protests?
    Thank you

16. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Yeah the start was messy, here some angles through the field.

But I will not judge about the incidents, made such things in the past and was not fair on each occasion.
    At least very good start from Zac, I considered for a split second to defend the inside but I learned from the past and abandon to do so.
    Nothing against any driver here but I did a costly error in brands hatch, had a start incident with the Clios at Oulton Park who could happen here too, therefore my choice was clear. Playing the long game as I opted for the Medium tyre which was a disadvantage to start with. After the start Klaus pressured me a bit and I got a shot across the bow with a warning for cutting the track. After my experiences so far with rf2 there is no room for any mistake more.
    But I managed that and was fortunate to gain two places which brought me up onto the podium. So the best race with this mod was the last.

As always thank you Ken for hosting this series, it was nice to race on these british tracks with all these different mods. (Maybe I can do the last radical race but I donĀ“t know it for sure)
    Oh and last but not least congratulations to the championship.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

• Like Like x 2
  18. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Some moments from my perpective..
    Can someone send me the replay?
    Thank you

19. Ken Jagger

The replay is now available on the event page here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/387

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation Ken for championship, Klaus and Edward for podium. It was a good championship with nice tracks, good cars and I had a lot of fun.
    This last race was a good race for me. After my short break from simracing I'm glad I didn't made any stupid mistakes.
    I had good fight with Nick, Edward and Klaus. And I hope I raced clean.
    I chose to start with M, cause for me S didn't last for 30 min, and at the end of the race it proven to be the right choice, allowing me to pass Klaus (on S) after a long pursuit :)
    See you guys