UK TCR 2018 Touring Car Series

Discussion in 'UK TCR 2018 Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was a fun series even if I didn't really get a handle until this final race on a setup for the car which, for me at least, tamed the wayward rear end, power-off over-steer characteristic of the mod. FWD cars always give me trouble, whatever the sim or mod, but I enjoyed it nevertheless in a masochistic sort of way ;) trying to tame it.
    Thanks to everyone who raced in the series and especially those few who did run more than the odd race. It makes the effort involved in putting it all together very worthwhile.

2. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

BTTC mod is better, IMO, because you can mess with diff settings

3. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

The incident on t1 lap1 is something I think is worth thinking about.
    If you look at my video, or at the replay from my car, I only see the other car from my rear view mirror.
    But if you look from inside the other car, It looks like I didn't give him enough room.
    That's fine: situational awarness is tricky in simracing, I know!

But then again, how was the other car going to overtake me there?
    He had 30m of race to do it. Why ruinning one's race on the first turn of the first lap? It's just plain stupid..

But there's more, even when we cleared t1 he never took the foot of the gas, and went winning the race regardless (no wait, no drive trough).
    Can one do that? Three times I traded paint with other drivers in this race. Not knowing if i was to blame, three times I gave back position. Was I wrong?
    I'll ask SRO to review this because I think it deserves being reviewd.

4. Ken Jagger

Any protests relating to specific incidents should be raised in accordance with SRO Rules & Regulations https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/
    The start of any race is always going to be tricky with so many cars all bunched together, with some getting better launches than others, which unsurprisingly leads to potential contact/s. It's something we have all seen a million times and will continue to see in the future no doubt. As you say yourself Paulo "situational awarness is tricky in simracing, I know!"
    That situation does not however condone poor driving or judgement in knowing when to back out of a potential conflict with other cars.

Any review we conduct as the result of a protest is done taking all these factors into account.

5. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

"That situation does not however condone poor driving or judgement in knowing when to back out of a potential conflict with other cars."
    Agreed!
    But as everyone can see, I only see the other car in the mirror (so in my view, when racing, he's behind me)
    On the other hand, the other car sees me quite well and forces a bad position, a crash, takes me out, and continues regardless.
    Is he allowed to that?
    If he's allowed to do that, fine. That's just fine.

John's 1979 league improved quite a bit since he started with the safe zone.
    It's plain stupid to take someone out on t1.

6. Ken Jagger

Paulo no judgement will be made here in the race forums. If you want to make a protest based on SRO Rules & Regulations, then please do so by following Rule 1.1 Procedure Filing a protest

7. John lock

John lock Administrator Staff Member Donator

Donington, made a great start but got squeezed onto the grass by Ken, going into turn 1 unfortunately hit Nick (sorry about that Nick), lap1 Melbourne hairpin Nick went in too hot & ended up squeezing me into the wall on the exit. :(:(
    thought that would be it until the end of the race as it put me last some 15 secs adrift, to my surprise I caught up with Paulo & Ken @ the chicane on lap 8.
    had some good laps against Ken :):) until lap 14, when Ken entered turn 1 slower than I expected so had to hit the brakes which sent me into a half spin, that was it till the end of the race.

8. Ken Jagger

John I'm not sure that your decision to take to the grass when you were behind me and when there was only a half-car gap between me and the edge of the track, and then continuing to try and pass me with your car off-track, could be in any way be considered as me "squeezing you onto the grass" o_O