Unregistering for races

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Norman Bruce, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Is it possible for admins to remove racers who do not turn up or unregister from races, they could be put to the end of the sign up list where they risk being red lighted.
    Many racers do not bother to unregister from races they will not be attending so some sort of penalty should be imposed.
    I myself have missed some races and not been able to unregister but I think there should be some sort of system to encourage or penalise the offenders.

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Admins can unregister a driver if they do not show, John does that after 2 no shows.

I know it is frustrating when a driver is a red light and then find 5 or 6 drivers have not turned up and you could of raced.
    Will discuss it with them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Maybe you need create a system where you have confirm that participate like a 24-1 hour before the race, and if he don't do that he will drop off.

4. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sometimes it's difficult to confirm before the race, for example Ken runs a lot of races early evening ( GMT ) and I cannot guarantee that I will be home in time also because a lot of my work takes me to remote areas I often cannot unregister because there is no internet access.
    Also I do not want to create any more work for the admins, checking lists before races for example, we may just have to get along with what it is now

5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

For my R3E events I use a simracing manager, I am not sure if you know this tool from SRLeagues SIM Manager. It is exclusively for R3E, for signup you first sign into the series and your name is on the series list to be approved by me as the admin to my event. Then once approved you have to confirm entry to each race and receive a password. Now I ask people to only confirm when a driver is ready to arrive to race. If someone confirms earlier by a few days and does not show up without notice, I as the admin drop him from the confirm list 30 minutes into the Practice session and his name is in the pool of waiting drivers, First come to replace the spot on the list gets in.

It is quick and easy and quick to to do. I think it is a great system for SIM Racing, maybe SRO can create that to put in their system. ;)

PS.. Sorry about my English, I try my best.

• Informative Informative x 1