Assetto Corsa WEC 2014 Championship Final round 8 Interlagos

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

wecp4.jpg Servers up for the final race of the series !
    Time to take these cars out for one last go at Interlagos !
    It's been a long first AC WEC season here at SRO ! I want to thank all the drivers who stuck with it and kept showing up despite the low numbers ! maybe we can go out with a bang and get a few more cars on the grid !

I would like to take this time to ask you the drivers what you would like to see up next for AC ?
    we will be having a AC fwd tin top series but I also want to get another Championship going to alternate the weekend racing !
    so here are a few options
    1. Tin top GT3 or GT4 series
    2. Open wheel series
    3. Multi class series

Please leave any ideas below
    Im open for suggestions !
    I want to reward the drivers that stuck with this with a series of there choice that will keep this group together and growing !

Thanks !

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I have 4 idea's for the next Assetto Corsa series:

1. Open wheel: Race Sim Studio: Formula 1979 2.0 (it's payware, but you can get it for what ever price you like, even 1 euro. It's up to the buyer to support RSS)
    2. Multiclass: GT Legends and Group C (those work really well together and takes you right back to historic GT racing where the skill is in the right and left foot and the steeringwheel)
    3. Modern GT racing - URD GTE: again, payware, but we could help anybody out who can't afford it.
    4. Formula 1 - RSS_Formula_Hybrid_2017-3.0. Again, payware, but one of the best AC mods out there. And again we could help anybody who can't afford to buy it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

John you already have an AC GT Legends starting Sundays on 5th November, so I don't personally think we need another on Saturday's
    And you have an rF2 F1 1979 starting 12th November, so I think between us all we can come up with something other than the same old, same old...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Clear. That's why I made 4 suggestions :) There's also The GTE and F1 2017.
    Do you have any idea's?

5. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

I vote for the URD Mercedes. That one is pretty well done. The phisics our outstanding. This is a free mod, not payware, like a bonus car.

7. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Some people commented on the main topic of the series that they would like to do the last race with only one class to increase the competition due to the low number of drivers in the last races, and many agreed. Is it like this or do we have the normal grid with the 3 classes?

My choice is GT3, it is the most popular category of the Assetto Corsa, I believe that if the idea is to attract public, then we must do things that people are doing.

8. John vd Geest

The GT class is already the more populair for the last race with a full grid. If all of them come remains to be seen however, because the problem with this series is that we had a lot of no-shows. But ... if the GT grid stays the larger one, I will be doing that class (witch I like more anyway :) )

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Is this server online yet because I can't seem to find it. Maybe I don't have the right content

10. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I am ok with MC races but If you think participants could be low number, then I vote for GT3 or GTE whiches are performance-balanced rather than GT4. But my first choise is always P-GT MC.

11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

For this race i'll will be in LMP2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Well, sorry guys, but I can not be there tomorrow (maybe yes). I did an endurance race today on iRacing, I'm really tired...good lucky for everyone, I will try to be there because it's my home track, I really like to race there... but I can not confirm.

See you

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is set for race day !

• Like Like x 2
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Is it me or is the timing on the server set wrong? The way its set now race would start at 18.00 CET, not GMT.

15. John vd Geest

It says 18.00 BST = 19.00 CET

16. Ken Jagger

Practice session will end in about 25 mins from time of this post, which is 1hr before Qual is due. I think that is what Roy is referring to.

17. John vd Geest

How can that be? In the notes it says Qual: 18.00 BST. That is 80 minutes from now for me.
    Edit: that's on the new calander. That's off. Stick to the Championship schedule.

Posted Mark for correction.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  18. John vd Geest

Oke, Mark answered:
    "That is not real-time countdown. I wish :) The 20 minutes is the duration of qualifying that starts at 18:00."

So we're all good on original times.

19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Its all good. Race will start on schedule

20. Ken Jagger

Both Roy and I were talking about the server settings, not what the race notes stated :)