Assetto Corsa WEC Round 2 Silverstone 7-2-2017

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I think I've got a replay. And yes, your right. Had the same thought when I was following him.

2. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

Ken, in the replay menu, on top of it there is a tab "view autosaved", you can save it from there.
    I have the replay but it lacks the first 8 laps or so

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alberto Alvarez

Thanks. I just try to keep my line as expected and maybe go a bit wide if I'm sure the other driver can understand me. I wasn't in much stress today, anyway

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will see what I have ! I add 5 min to the end of race for drivers to get soeted and grab the replay .I did think kunos added an auto save in latest patch ..I will have to check on that but there are some new settings there ...

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I'm uploading it to dropbox now, so if anyone needs it i'll post the link here

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

About the formation lap, if this is me (on pole), I can not be so slow for safety, try to keep the medium tires warm and you'll see what I'm talking about, because starting the race with cold tires can be a problem and a danger for everyone who comes after. Still, I kept the pace as much slow as possible in the last sector (especially in the last few corners) to get everyone together, as in Le Mans. I saw some cars approaching so I realized that everything was fine for the start, the problem is that other cars were far behind, so if others did follow the pace of the pole, there was something abnormal with the others (as it was said here with some problems, starting from the pit, GTE guy, etc), well, we can still review this question.

It was a good race though Luan had trouble with his throttle pedal. It was only me in my class since the 4th lap, so I tried to just complete the race and not "disturb" anyone. I regret the absences and I congratulate all those who remained to the end, especially the only GTE in the race, who, like me, ended up being "lonely" in our respective classes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

It is up to all drivers to have read the sim racing online rules and regulations and understand them.

Please check rule 1.4 manual formation lap these rules are to be obeyed at all times

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gustavo Parreira

Great, it means there's nothing wrong with my pace, after all we're talking about LMP1 and at the same time, there's no recommendation to that at 120km, which I repeat, it's dangerous. Anyway, the rule was respected, everything was done at safe speed ( I was thinking that the problem ws with me lol, sorry) ... I believe the real problem was with problems in other classes, as mentioned.

11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah alberto, my brakes were cold so I understeered at the last chicane :) .

Well Roy, I like a formationlap to be a formationlap and not a racelap. I don't want to be forced to drive a racespeed only because the polesitter doesn't know the rules. And I don't agree with the argument that it doesn't matter how much time you loose on a formationlap "because there is still plenty of time" ... I don't think a 10 second gap is a good start of the race. But he, it's not a problem. As long as we learn from it for next time.

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Gustavo, I just looked at the replay. I don't feel there was something wrong. Its just (in my view) that John didn't know what to do when Jozsef and me got up to him and past him due to our speed. We then slowed down to let him past again, but it took him some time to understand it. This could be helped by having everyone on Discord or teamspeak

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@ John, Another solution could be to all go for LMP2. They are very easy to drive. Going blindingly fast in them is where the real fun starts

14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks to everyone who participated ! sry for the low numbers ;-( we are growing tho ! Big Thanks to Alberto & Roy for joining us this round with any luck we will get a few more for round 3 ! and lots of events on the horizon ! so kudos to everyone for being a part of it ;-)

On the Form lap ..I should have done my usual thing and BROADCAST IN CHAT ABOUT THE FORM LAP well before Q ,but I completely forgot until we were on the grid and someone asked ... so My Bad on that .. still I understand Gustavos point and to further add , in multi class racing with 3 classes in the mix the classes can be separated from each other as long as they all stick together ..Had Gustavo had another 3 or 4 cars in his class they could have together had a gap on the P2's ..then the GTE's behind the P2's .. Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't even score for 1st over all do we ? only score from class ....?

Anyway grats to the winners ! excellent drive from Ken ,you real had that thing locked in ! & Roy I was confused as well ! not only from thinking you were a lap ahead to finding out I was a lap up ..but the way you blew by me in my oreca ..!:eek: I think it's more like an Orca or a beached wale ! haha .
    I had 1/5 wings and maxed the gear to just reach the limm on the straits ..but my pace was a good 2sec's off !:( lol my best was a 1:55xxx or somthing like that ! maybe Im just slow ...:p

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Rob, no idea about the Oreca or what is wrong with that car. For the next on, just take the Ligier. I don't think anyone minds you switching. And my speed was just down to being mad :mad: at myself for messing up. For the next one the pitstop will be sorted :oops: Now all I need to do is keep it on the black stuff...

Anyway, looking forward to the next one and next weeks BTCC race.

16. Alberto Alvarez

Not much to make pictures but...

The starting grid
    [​IMG]

Two alone for most of the race
    [​IMG]

Some LMP2 action
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Gustavo Parreira

Amazing screenshots mate! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Nice screenshots indeed.

Now all being said, there were a few smaller issues in yesterdays race, but none (except for one) bothered me to be honest. All those issues can be easily solved. And as far as I can tell there were no, that's zero, crashes between cars.

And after seeing the replay the difference at the start between both GTE's wasn't realy that big. We passed 1 in the last corner and reached the 2nd at the 1st corner. So the deficit couldn't have been more than 2 seconds.

Again really enjoyed the race and would do it again tonight if I could. Next on is Spa-Francorchamps. My home track. I live only 100km from it and spend a lot of time there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Regarding the Formation Lap. The majority of the guys in this race used to race at R2P for many years. The procedure for running the Formation lap was always to run at reduced speed, typically around 120kph max. I disagree with Gustavo saying this is not a safe speed, as it has been proved to be OK over many hundreds of races.

Final positions for this series are based on class results, not overall, so each class leader can/should dictate the pace with respect to the car class ahead. There is no need to be on the bumper of the car ahead for a 90min race, but equally not be so far back as to be silly.

The issue arose yesterday because Rob, as he has admitted, did not provide the instruction as to the speed that the Formation lap should've been run at. This is what John was referring to and which he thought was incorrect and p**ssed him off enough to leave, probably because he thought he was running with some guys showing no respect to the rules. I too was as much to blame as inadvertently I maintained the same pace for half the lap, until I asked on chat to go "slower" and slowed down.

There have been exceptions to the usual formation lap speed e.g. for Le Mans or similar tracks, where it would take an age to get round that first lap, but everybody entered in an SRO race should expect to run at the slower speed in future races, even if the admin forgets to remind you.

Rob - your knuckles have been rapped! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Got the replay guys. It was in the Autosave section :)