Assetto Corsa WEC Round 2 Silverstone 7-2-2017

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

I understand Ken. I say it is not safe not because of how it is during the formation lap, but after that, at the start with cold tires (speacially in tracks like Silverstone where you have high speed corners in the first moment) this is dangerous and there is no way to heat the tires of an LMP1 with such a low speed. Come on, this is basic ... starting with tires completely cold anywhere can cause a spin, a crash and even a multiple accident involving more cars. I think the wiser is what Rob quoted, this is a multiclass race, there is no need for everyone to be glued together, just the classes themselves, but ... it's just a point of view, one thing is 120 kmh for cars as GTE and LMP2, another thing is LMP1 who can reach 300 kmh and do fast corners (as the first in Silverstone at 270 kmh), even if you try to be careful, safe and slow it's not a easy task with cold tires (mediums in my case). Anyway, I'll stick to what the race manager recommends next time as always. ;)

I also liked it very much although I was left alone, who knows with more cars in the next this is not better.

Do you live 100 km from SPA? What a lucky man! My case is Interlagos, the track is 25 km from here. :D

2. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Sorry I couldn't make it (again)...
    I guess I should unregister for the season.

3. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

No results yet?

4. Gustavo Parreira

If you really unregister, I'm thinking about to move to GTE class, cause I saw just 4 LMP1 in Le Mans and two now in Silverstone... just saying that because Luan already mentioned it and to improve the competition, in this way we will have a good number of GTE and LMP2. Shame for LMP1 class, but only two cars is not fun.

In case of changes (if possible), the question is how are the points that I already have for the championship?

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Why not move to LMP2? They are fast and the more the better

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

The points you have for LMP1 do not carry over to another class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

hi all
    is there any p1 driver left? ...

8. Gustavo Parreira

What I can say is that Luan and I are moving to the GTE class. In this way, LMP1 has just two cars registered, one of them participate of one race (the first at Le Mans), the another one never appeared.

9. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

if lmp1 is out, what dlc pack would one need to join you guys?

10. Gustavo Parreira

First post of series forum: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/world-endurance-championship-2014.1743/

DreamPack 1 and Porsche Pack 3 (without LMP1 cars from R2R Pack). But, I would like to remember that just me and Luan left LMP1 and still there is two drivers registered. So, unfortunattely you still need to have R2R pack to join, because even if they did not participate, it was not mentioned that the LMP1 class would be removed.

11. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I have the first two (DreamPack 1 and Porsche Pack 3)... i have close to zero experience on AC, i would like to try it though :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Gustavo Parreira

I see... well, we are waiting for you. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think you will like AC Ricardo , its a little different from rf2 ,maybe a bit more forgiving but it does feel pretty realistic !

14. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Still can't manage setups ... and the brakes feel weird
    Also de ffb..

I'm doing some offline laps.. let's see

15. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ya breaks are different, in the set up use the tool tips when you hover over what you want to change .. default sets are pretty good out of the box .. i normaly just use them with a few tweeks .. AC under steers like a bitch so you need to be slow in fast out ...
    When your in the setup menu look and the middle display that will show the true settings like toe & camber in real time so you can watch them change when you adjust the sliders, the sliders seem to make no sence as to + or - so also if you wheel is slightly turned before you enter set up you might see different cambers for each side so dont let that throw you off ! Front & rear ARB's seem normal like rf2 but the other stuff takes some getting used to !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

AC under steers like a bitch AHAH

any idea why??

17. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Its your steering wheel mate. Mines the same. I've got 360° and feel its 10° short :eek::D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

you have it setup for 360 in profiler? which wheel do you have?

19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I've got 2. The one i'm using is a very old Logitech Force feedback steering wheel and I've gat a G29. The G29 I can't use yet because I can't get it mounted on my current rig. My new rig hasn't been delivered yet. Some issues with the guy making it for me. But I've just send the plans to Sim-Lab so they will make it for me. Hopefully i'll have it in 2 weeks.

20. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

ohhh
    but when you play with the g29 you use 900 right?