Assetto Corsa World Endurance Championship 2014

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship 2014 Season 1 Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 28, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is what distracted him ...:D
    19956815_1666807563391437_8747219656851287425_o.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

It was actually a laps of concentration. I was thinking "make a safe pass, no need to be aggressive." and just when I passed you the game gave me info which I should have ignored but I didn't. Got 2 wheels on the grass and hit the wall. Car was bent so I had to go in the pits. Like I said in the other thread, my own fault.

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So it was you who send the pop-up to my screen! I should have known.... That's it, i'm filing an official complaint! :mad::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Tactics ruled the race I think. I decided to go out with meds in the last minute. First lap cost expensive to me by cold meds. After couple of laps, meds strated to work. I chiped some times every lap on Ken. I saw the gap was around 8 s after Ken pitted on softs. I was unhopeful when I saw the softs he has got but the gap was reduced. That was weird. I passed him which is surprise to me. After all I gained over him. While all happenings, found Roy span. That was second surprise. That benefited me and found myself on top. So, kept it untill finishing.
    Well, we were a few but I enjoyed much. I think this serie deserves more pilots. Thanks to GTs all they are good syncs with me. Congratulations to all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So you didn't pit? How do you go 90 minutes on 1 fueltank?

6. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I did pit.

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah, mediums was the way to go. I knew soft would be faster initially, but they would drop off half way through the stint :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

pfuw, I almost tought I was doing something wrong in that other did not pit :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I did it in half way of the race.

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Me to, exactly halfway.

11. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

you used the softs great, kept very well.

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Smooth driving helps ;-) And I don't use the rear to steer when doing endurance racing. It does cost me time in the chicanes, but it pays off in the long run

13. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

You mean not drifting the rear tires while turning?

14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Exactly

15. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I see. Very advanced technic to provide all race. Good job mate!

16. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes it does < If any of you have any friends that you think would enjoy this series please send them an invite ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I wondered why Roy was so much quicker, I should have guessed he was using softs. My experience with other sims, especially for 90 min races (as John also confirms) is that mediums are generally the way to go. Grats to Roy on keeping his softs alive for the whole race. Initially I managed to eke out a gap on Taner and then maintain it without any trouble. My strategy was to not change tyres and only make a short stop for fuel, but with AC I'm not sure whether thats any advantage or not as I'm not aware if there is a timer you can use to check the length of the stop, like in rF for example.

After running so consistently for more than half the race I made a slight error, touched the barriers and after that the car felt awful to drive with big understeer in the faster turns. I didn't have any damage display to refer to, which could have helped me decide on whether to do repairs or not. I checked afterwards and found that it was disabled and you need to use Ctrl+Q to enable it......DOH! It was because of this damage that Taner gradually caught me and went past into 2nd, ultimately 1st when Roy was distracted and took his own damage.

When I looked at the replay afterwards I could see the front bodywork was pointing up to the sky at about 45 degrees, but it wasn't showing from my driving view. Some lessons learned for next time out in the series.

Grats to all the GT guys for some great driving when being lapped, it was some of the best I've ever seen in multi-class racing showing really good awareness of the cars coming past and not making it difficult in any way, even when they were racing for position close with other GT's.

• Like Like x 2
  18. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mediums should generally hold for 90 minutes, specially on Road America. But ... tire wear is a bit different in AC then in rF1 and rF2 imo. Could also be my drivingstyle, witch is a bit agressive comming out the corners. They go quicker in AC in my opinion. So keeping that in mind, I started with mediums and decided to change to mediums again on the pitstop. That worked for me, as Nigel was ahead of me after the stop because he did not pit. But whit the fresher tires I was able to close the cap and overtake him because I had better grip.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Now I have no idea how the softs hold out in GTE, but in LMP2 it is highly dependend on the track being run. And if you are a smooth driver they do last a bit longer. but, and there always is a but, if you make mistakes or skid the car they go off very fast. That was the issue I had at Spa-Francorchamp. I had to correct a few times at the Busstop chicane which led to them going of to fast making me spin out later in the race. And then there is the added fact that you need to change tyres at the pitstop costing you time to. Then if you come out of the pits behind your opponent, take into calculation if you cab get past him or not. As it is in real racing its all down to some calculating, skill and a bit of luck (mostly the latter).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mert Kayar

Mert Kayar Pro Driver

Can I change my car?