Assetto Corsa Comp World GT FKR GT3 sprint series 3

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Oh boy, very excited for this. Will be jumping on soon, hoping no FPS issues as this VR can be killler, looks potato and runs like potato.

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

If you can let me know Alex asap will be going on the server very soon.

3. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Felix de Jongh is registering right now as i type. Can he please be added to my Super Mod Motorsport team.

Thank you

Alex

4. Nigel Middleton

I see he has registered on it now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

I see he has registered on it now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alex Bonner

Thanks. He's not yet seeing the option to select team

7. Nigel Middleton

He should see it now.

8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

If Nigel just added him he needs to un register & re register under the team

9. Alex Bonner

Your a star. he had the option to select s i think were all good.

Thank you for all your help.

10. Rob Milliken

I created a TEAM SPEEK room for the race ..
    server = speak2-6.teamspeak.net:10508
    pw= brooklands

11. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

I've had to unregister - sorry for the late notice

12. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi All
    I'm a little surprised at your timings in connection with the start of the race. Last time for early start - but a lot of chat back and forth ...
    This time we start after summer time and the enlightened start time later. If it has always been logical that it is two hours later than daylight saving time - why not write it on the race banner on the website.
    Why not set it serve to manage timings - a la iracing, then there can and will be no doubt. I feel that the assurance tonight was rehearsed and too late for a Saturday night. This can be done better if you want this up in the super league of sim racing. therefor I didt punch out - Hope you got a good race ..
    Cheers Claus

13. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Race tonight was really great fun! - The people are so much more taking care when racing - compared to public servers. It was a pleasure ;)
    Looking forward to the next race guys!
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Complete disaster with an accident from 2nd. A. Williams I didn't see you on the inside I was not trying to close the door, I was just focused on the corner ahead and next thing I know is impact rear right :/ I think I had the racing line? I guess it just goes down as a racing incident.

Then a complete disaster in the pits, spent what felt like a few minutes trying to kill the engine and reverse, and the car wasn't right after that incident, I thought pits fixed it but meh...Oh and a drive through penalty for cutting which I wasn't sure about since I didn't hear the spotter.

Anyway, thanks everyone, many lessons learned for a smoother season ahead :) First race in ACC offline or online but I think I have it down now.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Thanks for the race guys, was fun!

Q: I started training 15 minutes before qual so there was no time to do a setup, so I took that default one. I noticed that all the cars just fly past me on the straights, so after Q I reduced the rear wing to minimum. I was maybe 14th?

R: Did not have very good pace at the start so I lose few places there, but later got them back. There was few scary moments when someone with blue flag just stop the car middle of the corner, so I hit him little bit (sorry for that, didn't expect you stop the car there), and two guys fighting front of me and they hit at the start of back straight and they spun and I hit one of them, didn't have super reflex. But I finished sixth, so not bad. Some cars seemed to be really fast on straight lines even though I had the smallest possible wing. They were hard to catch even with slipstream.

See you next one!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

Great race today, thanks to the organisers!

Sorry to @Dan Houk for the bump, I wasn’t sure which way you were going when I came to lap you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Ummm it was plastered all over that the start was 20:15 GMT what's the issue ??
    look at the top of the first post in this thread .. and front page of the website all week ..?
    Not our fault my friend ..:)
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 00.36.15.34b.png

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Fun race that, after an annoying start. I thought the McLarens were handling cars, but they are rocketships on the straights. On some occassion I lost 0,6 seconds on the straight alone. That made the first bit of the race annoying to drive, as I just couldn't keep up with the lead group. At some point 2 McLarens came together and that gifted me second, but I was so kind to give that back a lap later by spinning :rolleyes:. No idea what happened, it was at a very strange spot, but I got one tankslapper after the other.

From that moment I was on full attack mode to try and save the race. Had some great battles throughout the field. Halfway through I was in a group with Henri and Simon and we would end up with eachother all the way to the end. When I tried to pit tho, Simon had attacked me at the last corner, which blocked me from entering the pits :D.
    Had to do another lap and got in to bad traffic on my outlap, so when I came out, he was 4 seconds ahead of me again.

My goal was to try and get him back, but had some great battle again along the way. Also had some scary moments with backmarkers who were sometimes doing questionable stuff.
    Last lap of the race was amazing, I was trying to put full pressure on Simon, to try and force him into a mistake, but of course he didn't mr Consistency.
    Finished 5th, which is pretty good after the spin and not much lower than where I would have been anyways.

Picked the Audi an hour before the race, having never driven, also in AC. Not sure how to get the car to work, there is a very thin line between horrible understeer and snap oversteer.

@Claus: I even asked before the race what time it started and Denmark and The Netherlands are on the same time zone. It was quite a late start, but it was known.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken Can you confirm what 'track limit' rules we are using in ACC championships.
    The usual SRO - wheel within white line at all times, or letting ACC rule the track limits?

Just so we are all racing to the same rules for the rest of the championship.

Cheers

20. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

:eek: How much then did I lose on the straight, because I didn’t even get a tenth caught you when I was in your slipstream and you didn’t had slipstream. Gap was 0,3 seconds between us then.