rFactor 2 World Series by Renault series info

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 22, 2021.

1. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Ooh, I found that stiffening the rear ARB makes the car much less murder-ey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, and lowering the camber angles also helps. I'm tried 2.6 front and 1.7 rear and that seems to help too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

I'll leave this here, it might help as this is very important for this car behaviour. You can change this in the upgrades (new UI), on old UI it was in the setup screen.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Some good info RUI, I always just wish the devs would provide this in the first place, rather than just the numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

And guys, don't judge this car by this track (if it's your first time with it), on the next rounds you'll have more joy driving it ;)

Monza was never a good track for this car, aswell as the lower downforce packages...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

What about opening flaps or something to this nature. Sometimes it says something about open flaps or something to that extent. Is their a button I can map. If so, what parts of the track have these openings. I'm thinking maybe we don't have this on this car.

Maybe it's a rudder and I can just fly away? Hmmm. I think my guy on the radio even said runway 1 open for take off. Weeeeee

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

You need to configure "Rear Flap" button.

Just a reminder that with LDP (Low Downforce Package) DRS is not available due to the low wing configuration ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

It’s an interesting decision. You can run with the low downforce pack around here, set good lap times and high top speed but the car slides a little and can be unstable. Especially in another cars draft. Medium is more stable and slightly slower in straight line.

However like you say there is no DRS with low downforce so if you ran medium settings and just sat in someone’s slipstream it wouldn’t make much difference I don’t think.

so I’m not sure what to do just yet. In another league I looked up they ran low settings for qualifying and then medium for the race. Which makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

if you look at the steering wheel you’ll see a red light that appears as you reach each DRS zone. When you open the rear wing the lights will turn green.

one drs zone on the main straight, one in the return leg into ascari

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

In Monza is basically a compromise between speed and stability.

You can set your strategy based on where you think you'll be on the race, if you think you'll need to stay behind or fight other cars then you must use medium configuration for more stability and DRS. If you think you'll be racing alone, LDP is better so you can extract all from the car on straight line...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Callum Lloyd

Callum Lloyd Pro Driver

I'm trying to get on to the practice server but this message keeps appearing even after an rf2 restart? both mods installed so it's not that

Attached Files:

12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I had this message as well.

I had the S397 car and another Renault 3.5 mod installed (skin pack) and the game didn’t like it. I had to remove both mods and reinstall just the Renault for it to work. Took a couple of goes before it did.

Also and sorry I know this sounds obvious. Are sure you have the right Monza. There’s three I think.

that’s the only obvious things I can think of.

we had some issues with another league, and that was caused by existing SRO mod files sitting in the packages folder, but I think that was a different type of error message.

if you go into the area where the packages are you’ll see all your installed mods plus all the various RFCMP files created for every online league race you’ve done.

I hope that helps and makes sense. Sorry I’ve been at work at the warehouse since 5am and tired. Lol

13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

This message means you do not have the matching, correct content i.e. car and/or track that our server is set to use. Try the ideas Andrew has suggested including uninstalling any other SRO vmods which might cause a conflict if the naming is the same.

14. Callum Lloyd

Callum Lloyd Pro Driver

Thanks for the suggestions it was a steam workshop livery pack I had as soon as I unsubscribed it worked :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Rui Simões

Rui Simões Pro Driver

Hi guys..
    Anyone care to share a set?

16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

It would be better to ask on the server. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rui Simões

Rui Simões Pro Driver

18. Rui Simões

Rui Simões Pro Driver

Too bad, I entered wrong setup and made a mess...
    See you all on next one

19. Miguel Soares

Miguel Soares Pro Driver

hi guys will the server be updated to the new version of RF2 or will stay with the old version 1124?

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hey, if you look at the forum posts for the Bugatti track you’ll see more details there. Yes it looks like we’re on 1124 at the moment.

• Like Like x 1