Discuss your idea's for a new series here

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa League Season 4 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Great to hear John ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

OK, done! I think this will be alright! :)

removed the link due to new updated version available

Street and semislick tires, good V12 sound, hard brakes, stiff and understeery, no TC and ABS aids, tail wiggles out of corners... let me know what else you want!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I've just tried it and think Filip did a fantastic job giving the car more live and feeling. A must try :)
    I will replace it in the state that its in right now or a possible update. Will wait for a day for feedback from the league.

Ferrari F50

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

This is clearly an improvement Filip ! It's a great job from you over the mod though in the sound department I now experiment some painful crakles most of the time. Do you *ear* what I mean and would it be possible to get rid of those or revert back to the original sounds if not ?

5. Filip Stoyanovich

Hmmmm I didn't work on sounds, I just replaced the old ones with this. But, nope, I don't get it what's your problem with that sound bank. It's a good V12 tone except it needs a bit more variety in samples. Why don't you send me a video clip of that or something?

Well, you can revert to the old sound bank if you want from the previous mod version. Just copy those old .bank and GUID files over these two in the sfx folder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I don't know the reason exactly, but they lead to nasty crackles (I mean sound crackles, not engine ones). A few mods do that, maybe due to a lack of samples or a problem in the transition between those samples ?
    If I revert them back to the mod stock ones, won't I have a multiplayer mismatch then ?

7. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

No matter the rework, if the base of the mod is still some Facebook Forza-rip cringe, it's really not worth the time to go over fixing, there's just only so many hours in a day and some of those mods need hundreds of hours of re-modeling and physics re-work to be at an acceptable standard. I'd be seriously careful with using stuff like that and not wasting time on anything unsalvageable.

Once you fix a problem, two more take its place.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Filip Stoyanovich

Oh. You mean like racing with more cars, like AI? Well, sorry about that, I didn't experience any of that with sounds.

For multiplayer regarding car mods, you will only have mismatches when using a different data.acd file. That's where everything regarding car's data and handling is packed. Because of preventing cheating for example. And that's what the server looks for, identical car data files from you, the client, and the one that is on the server. Everything else can be personal preference. For example if you're missing a couple of car skin files/paintjobs, the game should still show you their basic color at least.

BTW, I'm planning to do some slight cosmetic changes as well as to the brakes, tires temps and durability but still nothing different in handling. So whoever wants to participate can take this mod and practice, but there will be a final update in the following days.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Can we re-locate the discussion about the Ferrari F50 / Series to the proper forum? Otherwise the topics get confused.
    Best Fantasy Tracks Series

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Did you give it a try Ted ? This mod really doesn't look to be of insanely bad quality imho.

11. Filip Stoyanovich

I must correct myself here. Not EVERYTHING else, like you can't put a spaceship model instead of the car model hahh but with different sounds and UI info, you can get away with online. Missing some files could also mean you won't get in online or even load up the car offline. Anything that's changed within data.acd file and there are differences from the server hosted file, it won't work. For example we used the real car names for DRM mod. That is contained within data.acd file and unfortunately meant we all had to make sure we used the data.acd file with these changes. However, you couldn't join other online servers that didn't use this real names patch.

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Ty @Filip Stoyanovich for your work.
    Havent tried it but I drive what my G.E.A.R boss tells me to ;D and im sure i like it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

To be honest, no I haven't yet, I've just had really, really bad experiences with mods sourced from non-modding forums like Facebook. I will download Filip's edited version and try it out though, for sure, and see if it changes my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Filip Stoyanovich

Totally agree with what you said, Ted. These mods are junk mostly hahah I do like running some of the occasionally on my own and messing with them if I can fix something here and there that makes them unplayable for me, at least that.

15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Nice car Filip. It goes great in the LAC track...

• Like Like x 4
  16. John vd Geest

Good demo Jos. Remarkable how you memorize all that stuff. You should try the Targa :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Targa is also great although the flow is not as fast as LAC. It has many more kms though and I enjoy it as much although the last section is seen so infrequently that it's impossible to learn...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Filip Stoyanovich

Thanks for the ride and the comments Jos, and that's a great video from you as usual :)

Final version with little tweaks and LODs has been uploaded, so wait for John's post and the download link for it on the Best Fantasy Tracks series.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks Filip, it was great fun making the video against pretty fast AIs. It's however painful, although informative, watching that absurd excessive downshifting that I was engaging with (probably due to the pressure of trying to catch up with the AI). This car seems to have torque to get you fast out of turns in 4th and certainly in 3rd gear most of the time. I'm sure I was losing good time when going all the way down to 2nd... Something to correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Filip Stoyanovich

That's right, good torque from 5500 RPM pretty much all the way. But still downshifting and engine braking can help you slow down in low grip braking situations hehehhh

• Agree Agree x 1