Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Special Event | Spa 24

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race day PW set on the event page.
    The live broadcast is confirmed by Eike & should start around Q time.
    Weather randomness set to 4!
    Start: FULL formation lap.
    Zero contact lap one rule will be inforced.

2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Yeah I have 144hz monitors. Most I get on current high /epic settings is around 80-90fps.
    Prices of chips gone mad at the moment.

3. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hey Rob,
    not sure if I can make it tonight - Ill try my best to be there!

Already looking forward to a 3h session, my back in my cheap Playseat will suffer a lot XD - I am wondering if you Guys are using more sophisticated stuff but the Playseat seems definetly not made for endurance races ;)
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I have an office “racing” chair and I will have shoulder problems for 2 days after a 3 hour race, but it’s all worth it. Lol. I reckon you need to do some physical training for these events, but we're all old men with day jobs instead. ;-) I'm more bothered by not drinking for 3 hours beforehand so I don't need a pee!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I have the old passenger seat from my 180 with legs welded on :D
    It's pretty much sacrilegious now, but you couldn't give the things away when I made it...

6. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

No thought of weather randomness 4 since recently not familiar with ACC weather. Please give me a little hint : ) What would be?

7. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Looking forward to tonight. Have actually been doing some practice and I have a special livery for this race!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

• 0 = static weather
    • 1 - 4 = fairly realistic weather
    • 5 - 7 = more sensational

9. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Does 4 mean probably rain? Tha border of " fairly realistic weather ".

10. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Apart everything. I tested quite long time 10 x in the server. 10 x means the track condition, especially grip, changes very quick and the car sucks after while. I tried many combination on setup but always failed to pace smoothly and ended out somewhere off track. I beleive all of us will face this situation. I am always keen of 10 x time but not really good in ACC but RF2. So, I know it is late to point out but just to take pilots attention who did not test 10 x in ACC. Stay safe in 3 hours.

11. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Nobody know, but chance is bigger than usual.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Even before the Nvidia 30XX series cards a 2080ti was around £1000 plus i need a waterblock on it. The new cards were very attractive and i hear occasional stories of people actually buying them but everywhere i look there are not for sale!

Not done any night driving or stints longer than the usual 45mins so will be a voyage of discovery. And by the sounds of just trying to stay on track due to the condition changes

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Aris has stated over and over again in ACC forum that track grip is not affected by time accel in ACC, only the weather and time actually accelerate .. That being said the track temp will change as we go into the evening which will affect grip as it always does;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Bloody hell the Jag is slow! :eek:

I won't be challenging anyone tonight!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Should be a good race.

16. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Aris is only add maker of ACC and many of he suggests not correct, only pumping up ACC. I have never heard from him something is normal but perfect. :D
    As I said my race is finished weird Eau Rouge out while as usual going through all laps in the race.

17. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Thanks for racing everyone and congrats to podium and race winner.

As far as my race, some good battles with the gents from Finland but I never got my tyres too work. First two stints even though I tried to adjust they were in the high 26s, last stint I was cooking them in the high 28s, its damn tricky with the time change to get them right. This has led to two spins in bus stop, one after the other on the same lap, was it a 360 or a 720 I don't know lol, and a big slide through Eau Rouge which was a tough save.

Oh and I got hit with a drive through for cuts which I was sure I shouldnt get as I lifted on that last one to bring the time down but I got slapped anyway, so I entered the pits all pissed off and hot and got a stop and go for speeding in the pits, so two drive throughs :/

Still great fun, would have been a lot more fun if it was a bigger grid but a nice test of endurance.

18. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

As for the grip, I think we are getting confused. "Track Grip" as in fast, optimum...or how rubbered the track is does not change with time acceleration. However, ambient and track temperature does change and that has a direct, significant effect on your tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rogerio Santos

Rogerio Santos Pro Driver

hello, is this event worth anything in terms of scoring? If so, would anyone have a replay of the start of the race? because I want to review the accident where I was taken off the track and eventually open a protest ... thanks

20. Rob Milliken

FKR Special events are nonscoring events.
    All 2021 GT3 FKR championship participants do receive 1 bonus point towards the year-long ACC GT3 championship for racing in the special events.( you must finish the race to get your 1 point ) See the bottom of this post for details.