Join the Endurance Racing league

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Very nice track! Would like to race there please, along with the tracks Marc suggested. These are some of my favorites.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I like Mount Tremblant as well, Not raced it for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

It's a great track indeed, although I hope that if this track is being chosen that it'll be without chicane. (= more flow)
    Imo the 24h, GP and International layouts are very suitable for Endurance racing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Of course we will drive it without that chicane. It will be the 24 hour layout.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

I only have one comment on track lists:

I have no interest in running Nordschleife. I once said it was just too many corners for a guy my age to keep track of. And that was 10 years ago. I've run it a few times, and never enjoyed it.

But having said that, that's just me, and i won't bitch about taking that week off if you decide to run there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. John vd Geest

I also don't enjoy it as a race track. It's more for hotlapping IMO. You're mostly driving along for 2,4 hours. Cars are too spread out and if you're behind someone, you can't pass.

7. John vd Geest

Poll: do you want low ABS or no ABS?

I have been called out that I had put Low ABS in the Endurance events.
    It is true that the GTE's and LMP's do not have ABS, but since most of us are not professional drivers, I fear that a lot of us will destroy our tires within a few laps with multiple flat spots in every event. It's quite hard not to lock up your tires in heavy braking zones without ABS. That is why I've put up this poll. I would like to know what the majority of us think about this.

Do you want full realism without ABS, or do you want Low ABS for the Endurance League series?

Please vote here

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

The Endurance Racing League Series is up

The series has been constructed. You can find it here: Endurance Racing League Series S01

The top 6 tracks voted for have been selected.
    Per vote all races will be 2.4 hours.

If you would like some races to go into the night, please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Imo at least Le Mans and Sebring, but actually I don't mind for all of them since it's endurance racing on said 2.4 hours.
    Of course it depends on the track and the heavy load for some people's pc.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  10. John vd Geest

In truth, S397 Sebring and Le Mans are demanding on the processor for a night race. People with an average PC would have to turn some specs down.

11. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

has any one noticed after the updates to the gte cars on 25th june the bmw makes a awful noise when braking and downing shifting,

certainly was making it when i was doing prep for lemans

12. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

i hadn't noticed that myself. i was too disturbed by the fact that my base setup, which had felt wonderful and stable for the last year and a half, needing only wing and bar adjustments for any given track, a setup with which i did a full tank run just a day before, doing consistent 46's at Daytona, and then did a few 45's that same session after making, tire pressure, brake bias and TC adjustments, was suddenly unstable in T1.

13. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

yes i agree my base set up feels very odd now apparently the base set ups are meant to be better,lol and this noise is bugging me now too lol

14. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

To bad Nords was not in the series, maybe next time :)

The track list refers also to the 2017 version, assume 397 2018 is the one to use:
    upload_2020-8-2_3-8-30.png

15. John vd Geest

Yes, the S397 version will be used.

16. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Agree entirely. It is THE Endurance track.

17. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

hi guys, so all races will be 2,4h is that correct?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  18. John vd Geest

Yes, that's what has been voted for.

• Like Like x 1