Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 1 Barcelona

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r1.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi Kenny,
    this will be my first AC Multiplayer Race by SRO, so is there anything I should know before getting into the race?
    Besides that, I am familiar with ACC setups but before trying to tune the GT4 in AC I would be happy if you could tell me an average mid pack pace for Barcelona?
    I would be happy to know if I will be completely off the rest of the field ;)
    thx,
    cheers Christian

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Check this Forum for all our race rules/regulations and other background information about racing at SRO
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/forums/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.158/
    This series will be using server #1 of our 3 AC servers. To see times posted in online testing prior to the race, if anybody has run on the server, click on Live Timing at the top of any of the SRO website pages and then click on the relevant server/session , which will then show any times run.
    AC Server testing times.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

We now have members who are Red Light for this race, so if you are already registered, but do not expect to race, please unregister to release that slot.

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Given the full track why not just run the OSRW version?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

The last time we tried a couple of the OSRW tracks on our servers, for some reason they wouldn't work, so I have never touched them since.

8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

If not racing, bring a smile to a sim racers life by unregistering. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

There are Red-Lighted Drivers for Monday's Porsche Cayman GT4 event at Barcelona. If you cannot race, please unregister.

10. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi Ken
    I have craved this before without getting an answer - hence this again.
    Timekeeping (Q) for first race - OK.
    Is the field turned so that the example first 10-15 drivers get an opposite starting place for the second race = Winner R1 start place ect. 10/15?

11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hi Ken - is there a standard acceptable procedure for red lit drivers in these races?
    Obviously we can't get notified in chat that driver x is absent so we can join, but are we able to sit and wait until end of qualifying and then join from the back of the grid if there are still spots?
    I ask as I don't think I've ever seen a race where everyone turns up who says they will!

12. Ken Jagger

Claus I think I have answered similar questions from you before :). Unless specific series rules are documented in the series Forum/threads or on the race event pages, then normal race procedures are in effect e.g. 1x Fuel/Tyres/Time etc.

This series consists of 2 x 20 min races with a Qualifying session for each race, as detailed on the race pages. You will see there are no specific Event notes shown, which means standard race procedures apply.
    upload_2021-1-4_19-43-9.png

13. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

Anybody who is registered and Green Light and does not turn up for these first 2 races will be unregistered from the series. This is to allow in those Red Light members who do want to run in the series.

15. Ken Jagger

I realise it can be frustrating to get into a race in this situation, which is why I've posted that no turn-ups will be unregistered. Unfortunately our systems for results are linked to the registrations, so Red Lit members would not show in the results processing.
    It does highlight the need to register asap if you have any interest in a series. With our growing and active membership, that will only get more important.

16. Ken Jagger

A reminder for everyone that you MUST use your real, SRO member name when joining any of our servers. Nick names are not allowed. Please check your STEAM and or profile name is correct.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Sorry Ken, despite having made skins here before I forgot about that :oops:
    Do you use an odd server management program then? I find naming makes no difference on finding skins in the stock program, a specified car image would be easier I often think when setting servers at my end!

18. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Lights out and... I was out :mad: on both races. What went wrong there? I never had such problems on SRO till now... extremely frustrating :(
    Edit: I just checked again. I deleted the old skin pack and installed the new one before the races today... and I had a white car. No idea...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  19. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Kiril - you didten miss antthing tonigh :(

Thanks for the first race night, a shit tonight in my opinion.
    I am certainly not the best or fastest. Therefore, I also try to avoid mistakes and especially mistakes that affect other people's races. If this is the level for this season, I have to consider running completely crazy as it was demonstrated especially in 2 races. This was not meant as a funny remark, but as a sour outburst. To look forward to a good evening good race which is then completely destroyed without consequences.

20. Charlie Triboté

Charlie Triboté Pro Driver

Je voudrai dire un grand merci aux organisateurs de cette série Cayman GT4 et du site SRO en général. J'ai passé un super moment pour une première course en ligne. :)

• Like Like x 3