rFactor 2 Round 1 Sochi

Discussion in 'Asian Le Mans Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 21, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

REMINDER Only LMP3 and GTE class cars are allowed to run in this series. No LMP2 or GTC cars allowed.

3. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

Hi Ken rfactor says I have a different version, is this beta dx11 or not

4. Ken Jagger

I see you are on the server now Roger, so you've fixed your problem I take it?
    rF2 is no longer Beta DX11 since they released v1109 and 1110.

5. Frédéric Stradel

Frédéric Stradel Pro Driver

I'm going to attend this one I think, but without the VR headset because it can bring some advantage over the other drivers because of reading better the trajectories.

6. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

Why not Frédéric? If you have it, I don't see any reason you can't use it. We all have different systems, different posibilities... It's the same as blaming people with 3 screens that they have a better fov and can see what's happening around while I'm limited by just 1 screen. Or someone who made a full-motion cockpit because they have a better feeling of the track.

Nothing to worry about, mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frédéric Stradel

Of course I would like to drive with VR but I have no more money to purchase a cable in order to configure the Vive. Next month surely.

8. Frédéric Stradel

There is another issue. I wanted to verify my best lap time in the rFactor 2 live timing page but I don't appear there even after let's say 30 laps. What is blocking from it?

9. Ken Jagger

We currently only have the LiveRacers Lite Subscription, which only shows the fastest 3 lap times. They charge $7 a month for every server you want full timing on, so if you would like to pay that charge for us Frederic, that would be nice :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Frédéric Stradel

Sure I will help you later, whenever possible because now my bank account is completely tightened :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good luck Kahel :)

12. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Server has the wrong version of the Ferrari. Needs the F458 (only one available in v2 of the mod).

I get "vehicle does not pass class filter".

13. Frédéric Stradel

The solution should be obvious: you haven't chosen the right car. Don't forget that in the championship's page you have a tab where you get the link to the cars package, both LMP and GTE cars, and also the track. Then, the Sochi track should be at the same place than the cars package, the Steam workshop for rFactor 2.

If you want the GTE Ferrari, it's not the F458 but the F430.

Hoping that this could help you.

14. Ken Jagger

Thanks for letting me know Barrett. The way the cars are grouped together in the mod doesn't make it easy trying to set the server to limit it to P3 and GTE only. I had tried to do this but it clearly wasn't right.
    The server has now been reconfigured with all the car classes in the mod, including the F458, but of course only the LMP3 and GTE cars can be used in this series.

15. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry guys going to miss round 1 hoping to do the rest of the championship.

16. Frédéric Stradel

When I connect to the today's race server, it stays with the message: "Attempting direct connect" and nothing happens. Can I participate in this race please? Is there something wrong? Or is it because I try to connect too early?

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  17. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

Same as Frédéric

18. Nigel Middleton

Ken is on the server now will message him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

It's the race's Mod package.

Uninstall the mod "SRO Asian LM R1" from the packages list, then delete it. When you try to join again it will download the updated mod and all will be well.

b

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Nigel Middleton

Thanks Barrett :)