rFactor 2 Round 1 Sochi

Discussion in 'Asian Le Mans Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 21, 2018.

1. Frédéric Stradel

Frédéric Stradel Pro Driver

Man come on I've been prepairing for two days this race and I still cannot access it.

Ok nevermind hopefully I can participate to the second race. Have a nice race everyone.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Do what Barrett said in his earlier post.

In the rF2 Launcher click on the open-box icon top left.
    Scroll down below locations and vehicles and you should see a list of mod files. Uninstall and then delete the file named SRO Asian LM R1

Join the server and it will download the new mod file

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

****!
    thought i got past but seems Paulo had his fronts still between my rears and white line.
    felt i had right to take my line but shit happens.

4. Frédéric Stradel

I completely screwed up the rolling start lol but don't worry it's still the first race of the season. Next time maybe, watch better your mirrors. So we're two DNFs. Yes, shit happens sometimes and we learn for the following race :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

After checking the layout, I thought it could be a good option to set wings very low, due to two very long straights and average corners and after a few tries I saw that I could handle the car without issues with a 1-4 setup. I had to be careful on the long left curve, but I had to be anyway even with 2-8 and the top speed difference could make an impact. Fuel wasn't an issue, just needed to play with boost levels a bit, so the other key of the setup was the tires for race: I think I could have handled Softs good enough, but I was a bit doubtful, and they wouldn't allow me to make the slightliest mistake, so I finally took a set of Meds for the race.

Q was good and I was close to Kahel, but he took pole on GTE.

At race, I had a good launch on the last corner and my extreme wing setup up payed up well and allowed me to gain P1 from Kahel on T1. From that point on I had to be very concetrated because he was just right at my tail, no room for error. It was very nice and exciting until middle of the race, when I started to open a gap with him. At first I thought it was just a couple of mistakes, but finally I saw the gap increasing steadily in my favour. My tires were perfectly fine so I kept my focus and took the car home with a good advantage.

Great racing with Kahel as long as he was close to me, and good race with the rest of the pack, Protos and GTs. It felt a bit short, could have driven for and hour or more but the checkered flag fell so... :rolleyes:

Good race all, looking forward to the next one!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Henry Drury

Henry Drury Pro Driver

For **** sake.
    Every race I’ve ever done with SRO has been at 19:15 British time, or 14:15 my time.
    This one was 17:15, and I completely missed it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
  7. Ken Jagger

You're probably referring to the rF1/rF2 races that run during the week Henry. Our races run at many different times, so you need to check each race tab for the right start time.

Sorry you missed it.

8. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Nice win Alberto.
    Nothing I could do with the my left front tire totally dead mid race... I was lucky nobody else was able to catch up with me.
    I had medium tire...with default setup so not sure what was the issue, considering I wasn't pushing the car. If I had to guess something about the breaking was wrong...no matter how light I was on the break the left front tire kept over-heating. Didn't help I only noticed it mid race while my spotter kept telling me my tires were cold... :D

9. Frédéric Stradel

Nice win Alberto to you too.

The spotter, you mean Crew Chief probably. When the tires are cold, you have to pay more attention because as you said, it makes them have less grip. Maybe a good way to heat up the tires more quickly is to brake really hard before slow corners and when you see on your mirrors that there is smoke, it simply means as you can guess that you're locking your front tires and it can lead to have the tires find their optimum temperature. When Crew Chief says "You have some minor wear on your tires", it's there that we can say your tires are finding their optimum temperature so from that moment, you should brake more gently and not lock them else you will be overheating them and lose grip.

I don't know which car you picked, but I was preparing for two days before this round at Sochi and I found out that the best tires were the soft ones. With the medium tires, it was awful. If I could pass the rolling start moment, I was on a pit stop strategy with one pitstop, the first pit stop being at lap 15 (more or less after the middle time of the race). The softer tires, with their natural better grip, could have last for that amount of laps, I think, as long as you drive smooth.

10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good result Kahel. Well done :)

I don't know why I was 5 seconds off the pace. But I'm out of the series as it clashes with the AC Group C series for me. Didn't saw that before.

11. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Thanx John... see you around.

12. Pierre Deslandes

Pierre Deslandes Pro Driver

Hi all,
    it seems that there is a problem with the start of the race, watching the replay
    Between the 5th passing the starting line and the 6th, there was more than 14 seconds difference.
    Sry for my bad English
    Pierre

13. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    Start of the race for the LMP3

[​IMG]
    Key moment in GTE class, Alvarez passing Grahf on T1

[​IMG]
    Still, this was the difference between them for half a race

[​IMG]
    Bozga vs Bremner

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Alberto!! Your pictures: AWESOME!!!!!
    Will keep them :)

15. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Hi! Sorry for that, probably my fault.

16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Awesome pics Alberto :)

17. Ken Jagger

It's the responsibility of the class pole sitter to maintain a sensible pace on the formation lap and it's not unusual for the GT group to drop back a little from the Prototype's, however 15 secs seems a bit too much of a gap. Will watch out for that at the next round. :)

18. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

About the pace on the formation lap I was trying to go faster but every time I did... guys behind didn't seems to follow...so I slowed down for them.
    I wasn't sure If their was some kind of limit like some other leagues do...

19. Ken Jagger

NP Kahel. Our Rule 1.4. Procedure - Manual Formation Lap - Single file defines the procedure, but not the speed to be driven, so that was my fault in not clarifying it before the start. I'll try and remember in future :eek:

20. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

quality pics Alberto, the cars and the track detail is stunning

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1