rFactor 2 Round 1 Sochi

Discussion in 'Asian Le Mans Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 21, 2018.

1. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Hi guys!
    Can someone upload the replay file?
    Thank you!

2. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

I've uploaded it here, Paulo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

We do not normally upload the replay files as many people have replays enabled in their sims by default. If anybody wants to see the replay we can upload them to the race event page. There is no need for independent file downloads of replays from other users.
    The replay for this race has been uploaded to SRO and can be downloaded from here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/asian-le-mans-round-1.453/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Hi!
    Ok Ken, thank you!
    I did wait for the replay to be sent.. thought you would.
    Did not know I couldn't ask for it here.
    Next time I'll ask you by PM

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Thank you!! ;)

6. Frédéric Stradel

Frédéric Stradel Pro Driver

7. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi!
    Tried once, at a friends house (just a few days ago).. but i did not see/did the instalation/configuration process (but i do know that it works rather fine with this last build and that it's simple striaght foward process)...
    Like it!! AWESOME new tech.
    Still, for now i do prefer triples screens.
    Resoltution is better, doesn't hurt my eyes, and i find the set is rather heavy after an 1 hour race. (maybe i'm not used to it, could be)
    There were, still, some ocasional fps drops (be prepared) even tough we tried on a 1080gtx msi gaming x, good cpu and lots of good, fast expensive ram.

The immersion is great (no question about it).. and it keeps me looking into the future with a smile
    Situational awarness is great, but not perfect (at least in rF2)
    Just as it happens with triples, it's possibile to see a car on the rearview mirror, but the car is actually right beside you (you just now it when you see the replay within the cockipit of the other car) - less than triple, but still not perfect

Now, if i had one would i use it?
    Yes, but probably not on an 1 hour online race

Ok, but none of that matters
    if you need help, i'll be glad to help you with that (my friend will, no problem)
    Just make sure you have a very very very good gpu
    And try it first by yourself... it's pretty simple
    Add it to your pc as you would to play another game
    Select vr on rf2 menu
    And ... if it doesn´t work.. pm me

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frédéric Stradel

Thanks for your input Ricardo.
    You're probably right especially for an 1 hour race.
    I'd love to have a triple screen but I can't really see it in the horizon. Perhaps later I really don't know.
    Ok so I'm not sure again to participate in this second race of the season but maybe even by knowing that I'm going to be at the back of the grid, I'll be there the same.
    A triple screen may be in the horizon but I'm not sure what would trigger it. Maybe just time. I would love to do what is in my power to have a triple screen but I don't really think it will be in my room.

9. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Yes, it does require some space :)

10. Frédéric Stradel

For sure yes. Sorry for being out of the subject for one line, but I was playing Elite: Dangerous for the past 6 days, everyday. It's a spacesim so I guess you're not talking about space in a game but room space instead :D

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

12. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver