Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Bathurst

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night GT4 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

gt4r4a.jpg Registration

The Mountain
    The Mt Panorama Circuit was originally created as a Scenic Drive. During the 1930s it was expanded with Government funding as part of a Depression era job creation scheme. It had a gravel surface prior to World War 2. It has been a venue for many classes of Racing Cars and Motorbikes. Motorbike racing was traditionally conducted at Easter meetings though they have not competed at Mt Panorama since 1994. When not closed for racing the Mt Panorama circuit is a two way public road. The speed limit is 60km/h. It is remorselessly enforced.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

A must read> LOOK HERE for Some good info on the new tire model updates in the 107 builds, posted by Mark Johnson, Thx Mark!;)

3. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Just not gelling with bathurst in ACC atm. Been trying many of the cars to find one that better suits the track.

4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I'm thinking on trying the Chevy this time... But I'm a bit scared...

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I am testing the BMW at the moment i found a good setup i am rounding mid 15's at race pace so far

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Definately finding the front engined cars easier, think i did my best time in the chevy so far, only in the 2:18s. Need to still do more laps once i nail which car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

I won't be able to attend tomorrow night, i just noticed Bathurst is in a pack i dont have :(

8. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

Im unregestering from ALL events, im not enjoying the cars and i feel like im just casuing issues, i have outstanding penaltys so...admins do as you wish, i just dont feel in the right mental state to race and i dont want to cause anymore problems for people..

apoligies to the organisers and anyone who ive annoyed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Rob Milliken

10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Am I being blind? I can't see the broadcast anywhere?

I'll have to watch the replay I guess, I seem to have made some progress with my brake pedal for tonight.
    I'm still not liking the feel if I'm honest, but still have more spring combos to try at least.
    I don't think I can blame my pedals for braking tonight though, Some of the braking zones are absolute beasts without ABS to hold my hand through them.
    I have to say though that Sulman Park/Metal grate and McPhillamy at full commitment were amazing, if they didn't feel special in whatever you were driving then you have to take the Mazza for a spin and REALLY commit to them - it's glorious skipping that thing over the kurbs sideways mid crest. Don't brake, balance it all on the throttle! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I've heard that his pc broke down.

12. Rob Milliken

NO your not blind ,Eike has told me his PC is down. he missed the last race from it and has not been able to get it fixed yet ..he thinks it's his vid card.

13. Rob Milliken

Results & replay posted on the event page !!

14. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Goood Mooorning SRO
    Congrats to all podium player´s great times all, when I heard Crew Cheif telling lap times off 2:13 :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:
    Also big thank you to admins for all the fun. Mount Panorama is a bit like SPA for me "spooky ghost track" usually no progress.

You guy´s really make me progress, until practise I never done a 2:17 lap so that was my goal thinking that be good LOL o_O:rolleyes:
    Qual did a high 2:16 ending up 13th on grid :eek: :confused: , so it was back to try to survive 30min race in this pace ;)

Race went good from where I was not to much drama, had to bad top speed :( had a little fight with Simon Brown about that
    10 place got upperhand when he´s BMW was geting abit to nervous out off corners, even follow him to a light wall contact .
    Then I could see Rob closing the gap lap by lap , really try hard to stay in front, even out brake me after the long straight, had to
    some WRC with the Aston:(:oops::oops::(.

15. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I got taken out during the race, the car ahead went off after the back straight where I passed him and another car and just did not let go, launched over the kerb on the last corner and landed on my car. Game over. I really don't know what he was thinking :eek:

I joined to test my VR performance really. I had it stable in hotlap mode and wanted to see how it was with a full grid. Practice was quite okay with some occasional dips, qualifying was worse. Then right before race start I changed graphics settings because that was not smooth at all and during the race it was quite bad :( I need to go back to tweaking because that won't work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

aww no, was really looking forward to watching the broadcast this morning, especially as for once i probably featured strongly in it! duking it out with Tim for 3rd for most of the race :( could have been immortalised on film :D

Other than my last two laps i really enjoyed that last night. As it was Bathurst i thought its got to be the Chevy or the Maserati for me as not used either before and both should suit this track well. Went with the V8 bruiser chevy as seemed more apt for the Aussie scenario :) Made a few tweaks in practise and then set top 5 times throughout qually o_O
    Race start was clean and went well. First few laps took shape and could see Selvi kept getting out of shape under brakes at 'The Chase' under pressure from Tim ahead of me. But it was Laurent who cracked first and made an error. Then Selvi fluffed the same corner and i was able to pass him heading down to Murrays. We went side by side upto Hell Corner but could see he was going to try and brake too late on the inside so i braked a tad earlier to cut back inside up the straight, and sure he enough he outbraked himself and clattered into poor Laurent who was already turning in. I neatly skipped inside both spinning cars to chase Tim for 3rd.:)
    We had a great chase/battle for nearly the entire race, sometimes side by side. The cars seemed evenly matched over a lap and neither was able to outdrag each other up the straight in sector 1. My car was better on the brakes and maybe corner exit on the tighter bends but he had the handling edge around the top of the mountain sector. It was great fun and all clean but was also aware Simon was loitering about 3 seconds back in his Aston, so i sometimes ducked out of side by sides as we were losing too much time to Simon behind.
    With about 7mins left my boots inevitably started to go off and the car developed more understeer. With around 4 mins left i clipped the wall out of 'elbow' and lost about 1.5 secs to Tim allowing him to breath and get his rhythm which was frustrating after the pressure i had been able to apply. Simon closed but i was able to extend the gap again to 2.8 secs and felt comfortable of at least keeping 4th place.
    But on the last two laps my front tyres pretty much fell off a cliff, and i once again understeered out of Elbow to clip the same damn wall and that was all the invite that pesky Shark (Simon) needed. He closed on me and on the very last lap caught me so easily down the Conrod straight it was like his car had been given a Nitrous over-boost :eek: What i didnt realise (but did straight after) was that i had bumped up the TC on the last two laps to try and regain a bit of traction for my worn boots, but the clunky Chevy TC robs you of so much power to stop the wheels spinning up that my V8 turned into a Nissan Leaf for acceleration out of that final Elbow turn :oops: So once again my nemesis Simon robbed me of my hard earned 4th place with 2 corners to go :rolleyes:
    Great race, great fun :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

and a song to cheer you all up :D think we can all relate to this

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Simon Brown

Simon Brown Pro Driver

Congrats to the guys up front, I really don’t have the pace of these gt4 cars just yet but I’ll keep trying. Now time to practice for Saturday. With my new wheel :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

This was BY FAR my best race in simracing (and actually here at SRO, this is were i am racing online).
    What can i say.. Finishing 2nd in a very tough circuit like this, honestly is like a victory for me.
    I never raced mount panorama before, actually i never raced at most of the circuits because i am not racing often, my job keeps me busy most of the time. When i did my first tries at practice, i crashed heavily all the time until i get a proper feeling of the car. After some practice and testing on setup, i decide to race with the BMW, it was the car that suited me better and i think i will keep it till the end.

Quali was great, i believe i had some more tenths in my pocket but even that i couldnt catch Simone's 2:13, this was an aliens lap and i am not..

Race start was good enough to keep me 2nd, i tried to be as much close as i could to Simone but he was at another dimension, at second lap he managed to do 2:13,6 if i remember well when i was struggling at 2:17.. Almost 4 seconds gap and then i realise the game was over..

After my first 3 laps, i felt my car much better and started to have much better pace with good consistancy and with minor mistakes and that helped me to keep my precious 2nd place until the end..

Congrats to all guys raced and to admins of course for setting this up. Was a great and fun race indeed

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Some fun yesterday at Bathurst for me.
    Good fight with @John vd Geest and @Simon Gymer until the point I made the mistake of braking too late and lost three positions... That unleashed another battle with @Mark Ekins and @Roberto Balli that lasted for the remainder of the race.
    I was happy with the Camaro although couldn't extract from it as much as @Mark Johnson and @Taner Selvi... Perhaps too little practice but I might have not gone far enough with my setup improvements.
    Well done to @Simone Meazza, @Vasilis Doumanas and @Tim Muttram (it seems the brake pedal is getting back to him) for their podiums.
    Video (from my angle) here:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1