rFactor 2 Round 4 Snetterton

Discussion in 'BTCC Winter Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

That was a real exercise in concentration. After Andrew and Jens has small mishaps in the early stages of the race I found myself in P2 following Ken. I knew from qualifying that Ken was a bit quicker than me so I settled down to follow him and check my pace with the guys in P3/P4. Although Ken was steadily opening a gap up front I was also opening a gap to P3 so I was content to try and stay within my limits for a safe P2 rather than risk an "off" chasing Ken. Towards the end of the race I tried upping the pace a bit but after a couple of laps of that I decided it was too risky and settled for P2. Well done to Flaviu for P3 and hats off to Ken for an outstanding drive :).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

What a race !!! And only half of field saw the checkered flag.
    Thank you very much Bill, and "chapeau" to you also. Amazing pace. I also tried to stay in to my limits. Had a nice battle with @Jens Roos. "battle of mistakes" :D. Looks like I made fewer. Cause of so many DNF, suddenly I found myself on P3 with @Didier Coelo right in my mirrors. Slowly, slowly I put some gap between us, then I start to think if I should enter to pit for tyres or not. I setup the Pit menu for changing only front tyres, and in this time Didier almost catch me. Then the announce for last 10 min appear and I give up the pit stop. And started to push a little harder to escape from Didier cross hair target.
    In this time Bill was further away from me to 49 seconds o_O. And Ken ... Congratulation guys, nice race. And thank you Ken for a nice and fun challenge.
    Congratulations to all survivors :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

For anybody who watches The Flash on TV, they will know what I mean when I say I thought I was on Earth 47.....:D

There's just no way I should've won this race with many of the current top crop of SRO Members also running in it. And before anybody says it was an Admin advantage knowing about the weather settings I'll say this. Setting Rf2 weather looks straight forward but it doesn't actually happen in a precise way, especially when you want it to change and vary throughout the session. So anybody who had been on the server would have experienced more than I had as I didn't run any pre-race practice or testing until 1.5 hrs before the race, so I had to come up with a setup that would cater for rain and then no rain with a drying track. Maybe I just lucked in, but that's how it happens sometimes.

I was very surprised to see both Andrew and Jens slide off early and thought Bill would be past me pretty quick. To pull away slowly without pushing too hard was the Cherry on the Icing :) I'd better soak up the glory today as it's back to Earth 1 tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

:rolleyes::rolleyes: SIGH :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Another race, another HERO TO ZERO.

Qualified on pole, with a decent advantage

2nd lap of the race, I got a black screen :( First thought was 'Ken is right behind, I may have cleaned him out again', but assumed I just went straight on at T1, then game crashed.

Rejoined in 10th and last, and managed to finish 6th with others dropping out due to Stop/Go penalties.

Congrats Ken, Bill and Flaviu, and all finishers

(rF2 is seriously getting annoying!!)

• Like Like x 5
  5. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

The third consecutive race with technical problems and the second in a row in the BTCC unfinished race
    it's time to stop it
    I'm on the right track to solve this problem
    I'll be back soon

...I hope

Congratulations Ken

• Like Like x 3
  6. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I dreaded to run in the rain but rather well, great race as Flaviu said.
    I regret no pit stop because the last 3 laps have been horrible, front tires at 10%.
    Congratulations Ken

• Like Like x 2