Automobilista Round 5 Mugello

Discussion in 'F3 Euroseries Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

By luck and twist of fate, seems I had the best setup for race. Even tho my 6th gear was too short, forgot to add a click to it.
    Had to plan passes somewhere else than t1.
    Had a spin and then thought i lost the chance for better position and dropped to 4th.
    Nice few laps battling it out with Ramon i think and problem for passing was that 6th gear.
    After got by, noticed im catching leaders so i just kept going and going and suddenly in striking distance and got the passes
    made rather easy, thanks to their situational awareness aswell.
    Surprise win, I take it and like it!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

After both Jens and I got a D/T for a jump start, even though the lights went green, I did a search and found that this also happened to Phillip in a previous race https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-1-enna-pergusa-post-race-comments.2677/

Maybe the AMS start timer is activated when the green lights go OFF rather than ON, but I thought that even though I only run an AMS race every two weeks, I would've remembered that little Gem! Or maybe it's only a track specific thing? Any comment from anybody who ran tonight?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I did quick offline test, and it seems to be related to the track some how. Tested on Brands and there you could go on green, otherwise the track was well done so I would not mind see it used again, with an note about the lamps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

For this race I relied just on my HUD and at least two cars in front moved before the red light did go out. I´m a bit proud of myself that I noticed their launch but decided not to react on those ;) After the red lights of the HUD did go out there was no problem except of a spinning Ken which I had to avoid. :eek:
    Maybe just luck to do it right, but that was the same in that race 2018 in Enna Pergusa, the HUD is reliable, the lights on the track are not.

To the race iself, after the eventful start I followed @Jorge Herrera the most of the race. This time I opted for a less downforce set up than in Instabul, because that was a disaster in the race. I think it was clearly slower because I lost more in the the turns than I gained on the long straight. Regarding the tyre degredation I´m not sure if it was an advantage. But at leat once Jorge dropped behind me he could not pass me on the straight :cool: And for the first time with this car, to my delight I had not a single spin. That helps to ignore the fact that I was utterly slow.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I think that was more a track problem than AMS problem, since I'm playing AMS several years and it's the first time it happened to me.
    I just moved on green a little, then braked and no penalty luckily.
    My race was a 5th granted, but thanks to spins from Mariusz and Toni I climbed to 4th, and then Gabriel went out of fuel so 3rd at the end.
    The best of the race was indeed the fight with Toni, he was quite faster but I tried to close all doors so great fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

After replacing The computer twice since The last race; I had to race with a non tested AMS and wheel and pedals just working (but not fine)...

i did my best but was not enought. I hope that for The next race everything will work better...

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2