S2-R1 GT World Nürburgring (Endurance)

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Outline of the GT World Nürburgring
    60 minute race, in-game start time afternoon

The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe. All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong. This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

A first class racing track, located right next to the famous Nordschleife but offering a very different challenge. A hairpin first corner gets you started and then the challenges never stop until you hit the back straight. A good track for multiple overtaking chances during a lap.

Untitled.png
    Germany
    Established:1984
    Turns:16
    Length:5.148
    Layouts:4

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png
    leader board asset 2.png
    Link to live Practice Leaderboard
    https://game.raceroom.com/leaderboa...703&driving_model=2&team=sro+r3e+esports+team

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own and there is not always someone on the dedi-server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the SRO leaderboard and set a best lap for others to practice against or you against their ghost car.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Server is up
    Mon Mar 22, 2021 - 18:15 GT World Nürburgring 60 Minutes

Difficulty: Custom
    Fuel Usage: X2
    Tyre Wear: X2
    Damage: Limited
    Qualifying: Unlimited laps, open session
    Formation Lap: No
    Type of Start: Standing
    Time Scale: Normal
    Fixed Setups: No
    Flag Rules: Visual
    Mandatory Pitstop: Off
    Automatic Clutch: Allowed
    Automatic Gears: Not Allowed
    Game Time: Afternoon
    Weather: Variable

Pit Stops How to set up pre-pit-stop settings
    Important. Set-up your ignition and start buttons
    Remember to add fuel you will need to shut off engine in the pit box.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I might be interested in doing this on monday. Is there practise session before the race? how long is it? I dont tend to race Raceroom but GT3's at Nurburgring is my ideal combo!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Hi Mark
    Official practice is 2 hours, the server is up now for free practice. This event is 60 minutes.
    You can find out all the info about this series HERE

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope to see you on track with us Mark :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Got some practise in last night on the server. The safe option would be the BMW but the funnist option for me is the Audi!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

It's interesting how you can feel the quite fine differences between each of the cars, which isn't something that's always detectable to me in other BOP mods in other sims.

9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Great race Ken super! congrats all podium and thank you Doug !
    Most try some more cars ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

After my cold tyres error on L1 I figured it would be hard to get a podium never mind a win. Once settled in I managed to pull in the guys ahead, so when they stopped earlier than I had planned I focussed on keeping a consistent pace, the tyres still felt good, until my planned stop a few laps later. I was very surprised to get out in 2nd place just as Mark went by the pit exit and with Taner back in 4th at that time, I could concentrate on trying to catch Mark.

He did some great laps so having eventually caught him, with the help of a little mistake from himself, I was struggling to find a way past. I seemed to be better under braking for the two high speed corners, T1 and the final chicane, so I worked on getting into a position to get this to work for me. I finally got by on the inside into the chicane but overcooked it and didn't make the 2nd half of it, so I slowed and let him back into position. Another good run on the front straight gave me the position with only a couple of laps to go. I felt a touch from behind coming through the Stadium section and saw Mark rotating in the rear-view mirror, but now with Taner less than 2 secs behind I had to complete the final 2 laps without an error. I saw Mark had DNF so not sure if he ran out of fuel or not (?).

I don't normally like the Nurburgring, its not one of my favourites, so a win here is very special for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I guess i saw things differently; After a good race for 58mins to result in door banging and to my eyes deliberately braking on a corner where i never had and only lifted every lap causing me to spin left a sour taste and ruined the event and didn't feel like finishing it.

But i havent checked the replay yet, i can only see it from my view. I don't do contact ever.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Well done all.
    I thought, for some awkward reason, this series was starting in a fortnight so I just realised at 5mins to 6 that I was due to be qualifying shortly... No practise whatsoever and decided to go with the Merc AMG (what the hell is wrong with that car!). had to change in the middle of qualy to the BMW M6 (Much better!). But terribly conservative default setup... I couldn't get below 1:59.5 and most of the time was on 2:00.1... No experience either with the pit stop so added an extra 20 secs of confusion to the forced early pit entry as my 71 litres initially loaded were nowhere enough to get to the midpoint of the race.
    Despite the many issues with all the above, I enjoyed the race and the handling of the M6. This car can be much faster than that though. Let's see what it has in it in future races...
    Good racing with you all.
    Jos

• Like Like x 3
  13. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Well I goofed on my fuel button. I didn't turn it on and I got no fuel when I pitted. Boogers!. Next time I will check that. The Porsche was running good just for default setting. Grats to Ken winning the race after peddling hard to get back up front from last place after the iconic Corvette spin out on cold tires. I made a summary clip of our first few laps. See you all at the Hungaroring. Good race!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Great video Doug,!:cool:
    I must say coming back to RRE after nearly year absence , it has really progress. :eek:
    Then I rarely participate in any GT3 race and always took the Mclaren and always failed.

I knew my good start wouldn´t last for ever , but great to some part
    off the action.
    Sorry for you Mark, think you did a splendid race.
    Did a huge fault at the chicane , in second stint it nearly cost me
    the whole race. Otherwise just to slow all over :confused:;)

Looking at the replay I would say Ken had a better speed
    those last laps, and was going wide at the first corner,then try to get back in on track as we all would have done
    in that situation. About braking and lifting that we all do that different depend on car etc.
    No offence Mark just my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Mark I'm pretty sure that I tapped the brakes on just about every lap on the entry into that particular turn, to help to turn the nose in and avoid running wide on the exit, especially as the tyre grip reduced as the race progressed. Anybody who has raced with me over the many years will know that I don't do "dirty".